Looking for insight on a custom set from 2005 (1 Viewer)

Mudfever

Pair
Reaction score
My current chips.

15D4E8FC-4D82-4DD8-9DF8-D6B4F17F51D6.jpeg

897083C3-7E4C-4578-8998-124CA2EAC786.jpeg

I ordered these from Vegassuppliesandgifts.com. They don’t exist anymore, that I can find. They were listed as 13 g pro clay custom chips with the letters “etched” into the metal insert. The receipt says “hot stamping”, but these are not a foil label. These have a defined groove to the lettering.

If I could order an exact copy of these, I would to keep my set uniform.

Thanks,

Mud

These chips were made/distributed by Trademark poker, which doesn’t exist anymore. As such, the chips can’t be found new anywhere. You’d have to search for them on the forums’ classifieds or on eBay or similar, and then find someone who could hot-stamp your initials onto them.

To me, that’s a bit too much of a hassle for very cheap plastic slugged chips, and I would recommend looking around the forum for another option of higher quality, cheap chips, with more customization choices. Though I understand the desire to expand a set you already own rather than abandon it for something new.

Welcome, and good luck on your journey!

The receipt says “hot stamping”, but these are not a foil label. These have a defined groove to the lettering.

Welcome to the forum!

Hot stamping is hot; the stamp partially melts the plastic of the chip and bonds the foil to it. The design is pressed into the surface of the chip; how deep the impression is depends on how much pressure was used when stamping. The grooves made by the lettering in your chip is a typical result from hotstamping.

Thanks all for the replies! I have samples in hand, and currently liking the Royals.

I want to try and get samples of Card Mold chips. I have Tiki King samples from apache, are the custom ceramics from ABC and BRPro the same feel as the Tiki?

Thanks,

Mud

These were popular around 15 years ago. I remember playing in a regular game that used these and had a custom label (Dead Head themed). They were the predecessor to the 'Nexgen' chip. Once the Nexgen came out, these were no longer made.

For a cheap chip, they were actually pretty nice, good weight to them.

I actually own a set of these. Blanks. I always found them to be good quality. Played with them mostly during my college days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom