Looking for design help . . . (1 Viewer)

nboucher98

Waiting List
Reaction score
Howdy! New poster looking to make my first CPC custom set (intro thread). This is a project I'm working on with my teenaged boys, and we want it to be an heirloom set. I have an idea for an inlay, but it's a bit rough and needs to be "professionalized," if you will. I've also started a chipset on the CPC design tool, which I endlessly tweak - as one does - and would like some feedback on that, as well. I've read a ton of threads and seen several designers mentioned, but wanted to get some more feedback from the forum . . . as well as get to my 3 post mark so I can send PMs. ;) Anyway, who should I engage with to get this process rolling? I don't know what the current lead time is with CPC, but we are excited and want to finalize an order as soon as we can!

Here's the basic inlay idea for reference:

Poker Chip Inlay.jpg

Nice design! Clean and simple.

My first question would be where are you thinking of putting the denominations?

Nice design! Clean and simple.

My first question would be where are you thinking of putting the denominations?
That's part of the design I want some help with. I'm debating denominations or none (I've read all about the reasons to have them on this forum) and, if I choose to use them, have thought of a couple of options. Maybe in place of the "B" on the shield in all but one or two non-denominated chips, maybe on the back, maybe via curved text around the outside of the inlay . . . lots of ideas but nothing I've settled on yet. One of the reasons I'm thinking about not having them at all is that these would always be used in small cash games (maybe $50-$100 buy-in, at most), and always at my house, among friends. On the other hand, I like the look of denominations - just looks much more "professional" and having high denominations on the chips would be fun (although we'd play them at like 1/10th value or something). Lots of decisions to make!

Well, if going CPC, this has got to go on the B-Diamond mold. Or a mill/relabel project with any Greek Key variants you can get your hands on out there.

As far as placement on the round inlay itself, I suggest you use this graphic mostly on the top half, so you have plenty of space for a large font denomination centered on the bottom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom