Looking for a technial documentation for wooden treys and chip cases (39 and 43 mm chips) (2 Viewers)

surfik

Full House
Reaction score
Does anybody has tech specs for treys and chip cases? I want them to be made in wood...anyone?

I have a neighbor who I was hoping to have make me a case over drinks and chit chat, would this type of document be of use to him? Is it proprietary? Or something that can be freely shared?

All the data I have is just measurements I've taken of different brands and sizes of racks as a basis for my 3D models. I don't have anything proprietary. I've also measured dimensions of different chips and stacks. I'm happy to share what I have, but it's not rocket science, just time spent with a caliper and racks and chips. For instance, my BCC Samurai Palace chips are about 39.5mm in diameter, and I sized my racks at a 39.8mm diameter for the rows to hold them better so that they sit flat on the bottom and don't get pinched on the sides. The 8V China Clay chips that ABC sold off are almost 40mm in diameter. 43mm Paulsons really are 43mm in diameter. And so on.

Has anyone made wooden chip trays without a drill press and forstner bit? I don't have either one but I've got a router table and was thinking I could use a domed bit for the grooves but I don't know 1. How that would actually work and 2. What size bit would be appropriate for Paulsons.

Anyone have experience with this? How about wood types that would work best for trays?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom