Looking for a (smaller size) 8-person Poker Table Top (1 Viewer)

Senzrock

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Context: I live in a smaller sized apartment in New York City so don't have a lot of space to store a table. I've been making due with a standard $125 table top for the past few years, waiting to upgrade once we get a bigger place but... it keeps dragging with the real estate market being what it is so now I'm realizing I just need to upgrade for whatever my current place can hold.

What I am looking for is an 8-person table top, no legs, to use with/on our dining room table. I've looked through a few of the sites (BPO and Amazon mostly) but not seeing anything that is on the smaller side but well built. I could spend up to $800-900 for the right fit, hoping that will be enough for a decent quality table top since won't require legs. Any thoughts for where to look? Builders on PCF?

This table from @GorillaGlenn is the best in terms of measurements that I've found so far:

https://gorillagaming.net/?product=pub-table
I have that table, with the cheap legs. Even with those, it’s heavy af. I’m sure they’d be happy to build one without legs, but that would seem to me to be crazy overkill, for just a top.
Still, it couldn’t hurt, calling and discussing it with them. Maybe if they build it with thinner wood, it might be more manageable.

I have that table, with the cheap legs. Even with those, it’s heavy af. I’m sure they’d be happy to build one without legs, but that would seem to me to be crazy overkill, for just a top.
Still, it couldn’t hurt, calling and discussing it with them. Maybe if they build it with thinner wood, it might be more manageable.
When you say crazy overkill - you mean... like fancy for a table top? Or heavy to transport each time?

When you say crazy overkill - you mean... like fancy for a table top? Or heavy to transport each time?
I mean too heavy. And unnecessary expense is going into the materials that make it heavy - like, you already have a strong table under it, so maybe it could be build with lighter materials, because it doesn’t need to be as structurally sound?

I mean too heavy. And unnecessary expense is going into the materials that make it heavy - like, you already have a strong table under it, so maybe it could be build with lighter materials, because it doesn’t need to be as structurally sound?
Good insight - thanks!

Big if true!
He built all 3 that we used at the meetup, one of which was mine. Couldn’t be happier with the results.
299BA291-F3DD-41CA-8ADD-78324900FF89.jpeg

Very late to the thread, but also a fellow NYC dweller here! This is around 12 inches longer, but I purchased this after I ran out of room in my apartment and it’s been pretty sturdy over the last few times I’ve used the topper, and it fits on a 5’ folding table I have as well. But are you looking for a folding topper or one piece?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Brybelly...op-with-Cup-Holders-and-Padded-Rail/549092483

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom