Looking for a good $5 for my first "real" set - Rising Tide Poker Room (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
This is my first project. I plan on starting to acquire chips in the next few months, maybe a year before I expect to be done.

My dream set is going to be based around my homemade sailboat. There are many reasons this is special to me, and why it will really be something I expect to have and use for the rest of my life. Perfect way to commemorate and share the feeling it gives me will be with a custom set of poker chips. I've commissioned @Johnny5 for the label design, and I'm narrowing down the target chips to use.

The Venetian $1 is perfect to match the bright white sail, the natural wood interior, and the bright red exterior. The Paris $1 (will be my $.25 frac) is a nice blue for ocean/clear sky vibe to surround the boat, and the edge spots of both are complementary. But I'm looking for a good $5 that ideally would feature the bright red pop of the hull and also complement the edge spots and colors of the other chips. Strongly prefer a TCH option, but RHC might be okay too.

Budget-wise I'm prepared to pay face value for live chips, or up to that for something else. Obviously prefer cheaper if there's anything out there. I've even considered just red solids, but I tend to like more elaborate edge spots as the denoms go up. Let me know what might be out there. Thanks!

1667232819646.png

These two options could potentially work and you can get in larger quantities.

Looks like @nezara has some AS 5’s for sale with the label already removed (save you the hassle of label removal)

I bought some ES 5’s from @dkq999 a month or so ago. At that time he had several racks left. Not sure if he still has them for sale.

1667307364999.png

These two options could potentially work and you can get in larger quantities.

Looks like @nezara has some AS 5’s for sale with the label already removed (save you the hassle of label removal)

I bought some ES 5’s from @dkq999 a month or so ago. At that time he had several racks left. Not sure if he still has them for sale.

View attachment 1016362

Those Aurora Stars look great! I guess I just see things this way, but the spots have are reminiscent of how the sail looks behind the mast, with the "wooden" color surrounded by white.

1667311392801.png

Alright, an update. Here’s a mock-up from @Johnny5.

B7BC0743-000E-4727-A736-B68613758833.jpeg

Also I saw the new Horeshoe (formerly Bally’s) came out today. Anyone have a better picture of the $5’s? That color scheme looks like just about what I’m looking for if I can live with RHCs.

875401FC-29A4-47D8-A16A-2731152D7144.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom