Looking for 5¢ Chip (2 Viewers)

LTrain

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I have been looking for all my options for 5¢ chips I think I am married to the idea of the 5¢. I am tying to keep cost one the lower end so custom or semi-custom is out. Looking for stock options.
I have found a few was wondering if any one could help supplement my list.

Apachepokerchips.com Majestic and Pharaoh's

thepokerstore.com Monte Carlo 14 gram (I have read that there are 2 quality of this chip anyone know if this are the amazon or apache quality)

I worst case scenario I was looking at relabeling but those questions are a whole other post.

Thanks,

L-Train

I have 50 5 cent chips available they are china clay. Not sure this is helpful, but I know there are others floating around

What chips are you trying to add this 5c denomination to?
This would be my first set

I know you said you wanted "stock" options, but if any of these roulette chips are still available I think they're a good option

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/roulette-by-the-rack-sale.67726/

$20 a rack for the Used Bud Jones chips is a great deal. You could use them as is for now, and spend the money to relabel when you're ready
I saw these but I think not having a whole set of the same style would drive me nuts.

I like, but don’t love the CC Pharaohs. Great looking chips, and the edgespot progression gives them an upscale feel. The downside is that they’re pretty slick.

If you can wait a few months to get your chips, try to get in on a cards mold ceramic group buy.

If you decide to go the Paulson route in the future, you could relabel something for nickels, or use a no cash value tournament 5 for nickels, depending on how they interact with your actual $5 chip.

Something like this:
AF5CBF23-5978-49C6-A882-A77DA42482F8.jpeg

I like, but don’t love the CC Pharaohs. Great looking chips, and the edgespot progression gives them an upscale feel. The downside is that they’re pretty slick.

The Pharaohs are the least slippery of the current CC. In fact, they stack great. The Majestics and Royals are horrible. The V2 Dunes are not bad (worlds better than the Majestic and Royals) but the V1 Dunes are better.

I have been looking for all my options for 5¢ chips I think I am married to the idea of the 5¢. I am tying to keep cost one the lower end so custom or semi-custom is out. Looking for stock options.
I have found a few was wondering if any one could help supplement my list.

Apachepokerchips.com Majestic and Pharaoh's

thepokerstore.com Monte Carlo 14 gram (I have read that there are 2 quality of this chip anyone know if this are the amazon or apache quality)

I worst case scenario I was looking at relabeling but those questions are a whole other post.

Thanks,

L-Train

Go with the Pharaohs. They are a great chip for the price. I wanted to like the Majestics but they are very slippery. I don't know why they get a lot of love here.

I keep thinking about getting another set of chips, but I really enjoy my Pharaohs. Nice edge spots, large denomination, and they stack great. I think you will really enjoy them, but in either case, it's best to get samples.

What is your (practical) budget? And by that, I mean what are your cash stakes, how many players, and total money on the table on your biggest night?
I have never hosted before so I have been considering a lot of options. The group I would be playing with are mostly never played or played $5 tourneys in highschool/college nothing serious.

I was looking at mostly doing 5¢/10¢ with a $10 max buy for up to 10 players, as a side table to a tourney (knock out table), maybe 3ish rebuys, so max of $300 on the table.

That being said I have also considered not doing the tourney so it would likely be a 25¢/50¢ again up to 10 players and maybe $1,000 on the table absolute max (I couldn't see my potential group going more then $100 in a night and likely my wife would kill me).

This is what I would recommend for a breakdown:

100x 0.05
200x 0.25
200x 1
180x 5
20x 20
Total bank 1565

It's a little big at 700 chips, but you need to cover 2 different games. In new China Clay territory you'll need about $300 plus shipping costs. If you can swing closer to $600 then you are in custom ceramic range. A little more than that and you can start contemplating higher end plastics and true clays.

This is what I would recommend for a breakdown:

100x 0.05
200x 0.25
200x 1
180x 5
20x 20
Total bank 1565

It's a little big at 700 chips, but you need to cover 2 different games. In new China Clay territory you'll need about $300 plus shipping costs. If you can swing closer to $600 then you are in custom ceramic range. A little more than that and you can start contemplating higher end plastics and true clays.
I am leaning toward the Pharaoh China Clay. Custom ceramics are a bit out of the price range as I still need to get a tourney set. I was hoping to keep my cash game set at the 600 chip number (I really like the look of BRpro acrylic case)

I was thinking

100x 0.05
200x 0.25
150x 1
125x 5
25x 25

any specific problems with this chip distribution?

The Pharaohs are the least slippery of the current CC. In fact, they stack great. The Majestics and Royals are horrible. The V2 Dunes are not bad (worlds better than the Majestic and Royals) but the V1 Dunes are better.
Interesting. I had a sample stack of Royals for a bit, and I didn’t think they were slippery.

But I agree about Majestics. You can hit the faces with super fine grit sandpaper to make them less slippery.

I am leaning toward the Pharaoh China Clay. Custom ceramics are a bit out of the price range as I still need to get a tourney set. I was hoping to keep my cash game set at the 600 chip number (I really like the look of BRpro acrylic case)

I was thinking

100x 0.05
200x 0.25
150x 1
125x 5
25x 25

any specific problems with this chip distribution?

Nope, looks good.

Any of the 600 chip sets from BRPro include a birdcage case for $465. That acrylic birdcage is $70 plus shipping when purchased separately.
I know its a little more, but they're amazing chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom