Long Time Lurker! (2 Viewers)

chipsncoffee

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hello, fellow poker enthusiasts! My name is Jay, and I’m located just outside Dayton, OH. I live with my younger brother, who is also a poker player, and he turned me on to this site. I’ve been looking around for a few months, and finally made the decision to create an account for my brother and myself to use. We’ve decided to try to chase down a nice set of chips for a table that we will be building soon! We are set on replicating the old Poker After Dark table as seen below. We also both love the Aurora Star and the Stardust chips. When we’re not playing small cash games and tournaments with our friends, my brother and I like to discuss strategy and play heads-up games. Hopefully we can get to know the folks here, talk some strategy, and upgrade from our current Wal-Mart chip set!

2D4B715B-54F7-4E1B-942E-02B59EEF9BF6.jpeg

Also, I’m hopeful that some folks around here can help my brother and me build a table with lights under the padded rail!

Hello and welcome!!! Sounds like a great plan happy to hear the enthusiasm! There are tons of table builds floating around the forum loaded with info and advice, you wont have any trouble collecting ideas and answers to any questions you may have!!
Most here are very friendly, theres a few off the wall, but dont mind the little tid bits of drama, truly is a great community here!
Those are both lovely chip sets you've mentioned, keep your eye on the classifieds as great sets similar to those have been popping up frequently lately!!! Looking forward to some pictures of the future table build, hope to see you and your brother around the forum!
Oh and be careful hunting those pretty paulson's right off the break (+1 for skipping the China clay and ceramic option) hang on to your paypal accounts things get wild down in the rabbit hole!!!!
If you have time take a gander at the latest auction our forum is buzzing about most recently; https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/lakeshore-inn-set-820-chips.47647/

Best wishes, Brie

Very nice intro welcome to the group friend!! Tons of info on building tables and installing lights!! Pretty sure it won't be that hard to find a set of chips you both cherish!! Enjoy the hunt for your perfect chips!! Fellow chipper Ben

Welcome to PCF, buddy! I think you will be pretty satisfied with the content here. You will be able to acquire everything you are looking for and much more!

Enjoy!

Hello and welcome! Looking forward to seeing this table build. Be sure to start a thread on it so we can follow along!

Hello and welcome! Looking forward to seeing this table build. Be sure to start a thread on it so we can follow along!

I definitely will! I’ve built several tables for friends in the past, but I’ve never made one with LEDs and plexiglass(?), so I’m very much looking forward to it!

Also, is the Stardust Poker Mansion closed? If so, could I have the logo printed on a custom playing surface for a table if I manage to pick up some of their chips?

Welcome, PAD is my favourite poker show: 6-handed game, winner takes all and lots of fun.

I’ve heard that it’s been brought back, but I’m not sure where to find it! I always loved it because you got to see every hand, and Joe Stapleton wasn’t commentating. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Awesome! I’m not familiar with hybrids. I’ve got some more research to do!

They are ceramic chips with a recessed area used to put a label.

The difference with ceramics is that they are full face printing.

I’ll create a post with all the information about my project when it’s done (cost, ...).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom