Long time lurker...Paulson question (1 Viewer)

v8maro

Pair
Reaction score
So, I've been wanting a set of Paulsons for a long time (since 06), but never pulled the trigger. I recently discovered they no longer sell to the home market and now they are worth anywhere from 3-4/chip, fun.

I'd like to build a cash game set of:
200 x$1
400 x$5
100 x$25

I'm a fan of the Top Hat and Cane (non classics) variation - so....will I have a super hard time sourcing all of these? I have the money, just not sure if time/availability will be on my side? Thoughts?

You mean these? World Top Hat and Cane.

84B61456-C764-42E4-B7BD-3888FAFB36A7.jpeg

If so, they’re still around but they ain’t cheap. You need to be ready to buy/bid with your money ready. There’s a set or 2 on eBay now IIRC.

You mean these? World Top Hat and Cane.

View attachment 168541

If so, they’re still around but they ain’t cheap. You need to be ready to buy/bid with your money ready. There’s a set or 2 on eBay now IIRC.
yep those would be the ones, the WTHC's. I see one set on eBay for 1k, but it only has the 25's. I'm wondering, is it hard to source the 1's and 5's? The 25's seem to be available more often.

Best thing to do is place a WTB ad in the classifieds and see what responses you get. Cash is king so if you are willing to pay full value in them someone will usually be willing to sell. People always like the new set out and need cash to buy them and are willing to sell the old set to get it.

Bet time to buy is when a new set comes out.

...also a good idea to put in the WTB (Willing To Buy) ad, is the amount that you are willing to pay. That's more likely to get someone that has multiple sets, to release the one you want.

get samples first. i was in love with those chips until i did. not saying there is anything wrong with 'em, just that getting samples is important :)

get samples first. i was in love with those chips until i did. not saying there is anything wrong with 'em, just that getting samples is important :)
^^ This.

they’re still around but they ain’t cheap.
And there are a lot of much nicer chips around that are available for a lot less money.

Get samples.

^^ This.

And there are a lot of much nicer chips around that are available for a lot less money.

Get samples.
Which chips do you like better? I've been looking, and I'm a fan of the Aria/Bellagio but I'm not near vegas. I like the inserts on the WTHC's

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom