Long term sweat... Attempt to spin up $1.50 on Poker bros (1 Viewer)

grebe

Full House
Reaction score
So, some shady shit happened in my main club and I am in process of cashing out. Looking at other clubs, I found one with a buck fifty on it. Too small to sit anywhere but a $1 spin and go... So I did and won. Actually won 7 straight!

These are 3 Max hyper turbo sng's in nlhe, plo 4, 5, and 6 card varieties. The pay out varies based on a spinning wheel that multiplies the buy in by 2-100. Obviously 2 bring the most common. Games take an average of 15 minutes, so good for a quick fix.

Right now, I'm up to $15, winning 7 straight, then losing 3, then winning 3. Planning to keep playing $1 but ins until $30, then step up to $3 buy ins. Go broke or cash out x, where x is a number worthy of cashing out.

Let me know your thoughts.

Screenshot_20220916-055723.png

Screenshot_20220916-183657.png

Bad run, most likely due to bad play last night ran out down to $10. I tend to play better first thing in the morning with a cup of coffee or two and a quiet house. Results support this with a new high water mark.
Screenshot_20220918-111208.png

How exactly does this work?
If it’s the same as sun and go on Global, it’s pretty dumb. It’s 3-handed hypervturbo tournsment. The “spin” part is a lottery for the payout, before the thing starts. It’s usually $2. But occasionally you’ll hit and the payout will be $5 or $10 or $100 or whatever.
So basically it’s a 3-handed game that’s raked too much in exchange for a little gamble. But it you like 3-handed and you’re good at it, you’ve probably got a real edge.

If it’s the same as sun and go on Global, it’s pretty dumb. It’s 3-handed hypervturbo tournsment. The “spin” part is a lottery for the payout, before the thing starts. It’s usually $2. But occasionally you’ll hit and the payout will be $5 or $10 or $100 or whatever.
So basically it’s a 3-handed game that’s raked too much in exchange for a little gamble. But it you like 3-handed and you’re good at it, you’ve probably got a real edge.
That's it. I agree with this assessment.

The reason I started playing it was because I only had a dollar (fifty) and it was the only game for a dollar.

Maybe I should start playing ring games or something now that I can actually sit in other games. Not sure. Pretty well crushing the bottom of the field though right now.

I haven't really thought this thru yet. I'm open to suggestions.

That's it. I agree with this assessment.

The reason I started playing it was because I only had a dollar (fifty) and it was the only game for a dollar.

Maybe I should start playing ring games or something now that I can actually sit in other games. Not sure. Pretty well crushing the bottom of the field though right now.

I haven't really thought this thru yet. I'm open to suggestions.
Hell man, if you’re crushing it, keep crushing.

How exactly does this work?
Up down pretty much nailed it, but the breakdown is...
-sit at a game, pay a dollar. It's a mix between PLO or nlhe... I'll play any of them. Nlhe is preferred, because the players are bad and this has the highest edge pre.
-When there are 3 players, a wheel spins and it gives the payout. Most times, it's $2, sometimes $3. Twice I've seen $5 (I went 1-2 on those). There is a spot for 10, 25, and 100 as well but of course those will be a rarity.
-it runs as a normal 3 handed tournament with winner takes all. Rinse and repeat.
-tournaments can't be as short as 1 hand (more common than you think) too maybe 20 minutes.
-buy ins are $1 to $100. The wheel is a multiplier.

Been waiting to update this thread until my PAHWM thread came to a conclusion, but still slowly grinding up after putting it all at risk in a regular cash ring game and having a very "favorable" run out. My apologies, Andrew Neeme. I have also stepped up to playing a couple $3 spin-n-gos, which I am 1 for 2.

Current roll: $30

Stepped up to $3 and blew right up to $5. Won my first to spins at $5. Chugging right along! Thought about jumping in to a $1 MTT, but why be bogged down for a few hours when I can play 10 minute spins whenever I have a few? Ride the horse until it bucks you...

Current roll: $65

And blew right back down to 3, lol. Things finally turned a bit and lost a few $5 spins in a row. A little back and forth between 3 and 5. Got down to about 45, then won a bit at 3.

Current roll:. $52

Found this that explains the whole spin and go game setup and payouts at the bigger multipliers. I'm about to run the numbers to figure out rake.
Screenshot_20220925-125541.png

As Jeff Boski would say.....

"aaaaannnddd we are OUT!"

Ran insanely bad, I probably went 20 games without a win....which is crazy because I won 7 in a row, and probably like 15 out of my first 20 games....so variance was in play on the way up and on the way down. Took my last $25 and played some cash games just for something different. Got my money in with some really great draws that didnt come in and went busto. Was a fun run for free, I would have loved to really run it up, but no such luck.

As Jeff Boski would say.....

"aaaaannnddd we are OUT!"

Ran insanely bad, I probably went 20 games without a win....which is crazy because I won 7 in a row, and probably like 15 out of my first 20 games....so variance was in play on the way up and on the way down. Took my last $25 and played some cash games just for something different. Got my money in with some really great draws that didnt come in and went busto. Was a fun run for free, I would have loved to really run it up, but no such luck.
Yeah, I know this wasn't your whole real-world bankroll, but it is a fun experiment in cash management and a cautionary tale to those that would treat their whole bankroll in this manner.

Personally, I like to have 3000 bigs in my bankroll to play NLHE cash games. 300 times the high limit for limit games. And at least 20 times Tournament buy in (I should probably have more, but I actually play tournaments very sparingly.)

I will bend the rules to take a shot if I have 80% of my requirement, but bottom line, Bankrolls need to be much deeper than people assume to ride out the swings and avoid ruin.

Yeah, I know this wasn't your whole real-world bankroll, but it is a fun experiment in cash management and a cautionary tale to those that would treat their whole bankroll in this manner.

Personally, I like to have 3000 bigs in my bankroll to play NLHE cash games. 300 times the high limit for limit games. And at least 20 times Tournament buy in (I should probably have more, but I actually play tournaments very sparingly.)

I will bend the rules to take a shot if I have 80% of my requirement, but bottom line, Bankrolls need to be much deeper than people assume to ride out the swings and avoid ruin.
Tourneys is a higher number of buy-ins - some guidance advises 100+ buy-ins. Tourneys are definitely swingier, specifically MTTs, because you're playing to finish first and so much of the prize money is concentrated there.

I struggle with this concept a bunch, as it is much more preferable to be playing with winnings. However, "risk of ruin" and bank roll management at micro stakes can be taken down a notch.

If I lost everything...I mean my entire roll... I'm still making my mortgage, food still goes in the fridge and I'm playing poker my next paycheck.

So, sure if I were doing it for a living I would be very roll management aware. But to those playing for fun and at micros, it's way over rated.

Prime example is someone playing 5nl for a year trying to build up enough to play 10nl. Just deposit more and play it! If you lose, reload. No need to grind for hundreds of hours to work up enough to play where you want to play.

I struggle with this concept a bunch, as it is much more preferable to be playing with winnings. However, "risk of ruin" and bank roll management at micro stakes can be taken down a notch.

If I lost everything...I mean my entire roll... I'm still making my mortgage, food still goes in the fridge and I'm playing poker my next paycheck.
This is a very good point. Mike Caro had a magazine piece on this once saying the more replaceable your bankroll is from "the real world" the more risky you can be with it. The higher your bankroll gets the more protective you must be.

It was a fun little run though, and I finally got my payout from the weird happening. Not sure what I want to do next online, I kinda lost my cash cow (PLO5 on this one club was very good, but club was dissolved). Thinking about a serious investment in a poker instruction course. I hear that we are getting live poker back here pretty soon. I hate the thought of going back to online NLHE though, it's just so boring.

It was a fun little run though, and I finally got my payout from the weird happening. Not sure what I want to do next online, I kinda lost my cash cow (PLO5 on this one club was very good, but club was dissolved). Thinking about a serious investment in a poker instruction course. I hear that we are getting live poker back here pretty soon. I hate the thought of going back to online NLHE though, it's just so boring.
The bots have taken over online NLHE. You can only get a reasonable advantage in this game live, imo. Personally I don't have much love for online poker anymore now that it's pretty much gone to the HUDs.

The bots have taken over online NLHE. You can only get a reasonable advantage in this game live, imo. Personally I don't have much love for online poker anymore now that it's pretty much gone to the HUDs.
I don't think it's as bad on the apps, but then you need to have faith in an affiliate to play there (or at least cash out). Thus far, my affiliate has been solid, albeit slow sometimes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom