Live tourney with AK (1 Viewer)

:9h: easily in contention for worst card…but doesn’t mean this hand shouldn’t bet all turns.

As for reads, Villain is a guy who seems competent and has played tight. Don’t have any useful reads at all. Regular lookin poker player dude. Super regular. Doesn’t look pro and it’s not a pro heavy field.

And for those advocating bet…what size you going with?

Not sure if you're joking or not, it's difficult to tell on the interwebs sometimes, lol. But it's a terrible turn for us against villain's entire range here. Not just vs KKh. 55, 66, 99, TT, and JJ all just picked up either a set or straight straws, and any pocket pair with a heart just picked up a flush draw, and any Ace holding with a heart that we were previously ahead of also just picked up a flush draw. And JTs just kicked our ass. Honestly, if you were to ask me what the last card in the entire deck was that I'd want to see here on this turn, I would have answered with "the 9h".
We are saying a lot of the same things. My point is that this villain as described and given the preflop and flop action almost never has a flush or straight here. Yes, they can pick up draws, which is exactly why we want to bet from OOP to protect our equity. They can have a lot of one heart hands and one card straight draws, but they are very unlikely to raise those hands against a bet.

Thus, this is not a card we should be that afraid of other than the fact that we should expect a lot of calls. Which is fine.

Final part. I went ahead and bet a little over half pot, trying to get value/deny equity. Depending on how villain wants to play it.

7 left 5 paid
H (50 bb chipleader) raises :as::kd: EP to 2.5
V (45 bb #2 in chips) 3bets CO to 7.5
H calls

Flop (17.5 bb) :ah::8h::7d:
Check check
Turn (17.5 bb) :ah::8h::7d: :9h:
H bet 10 bb. V jams all in for 38bb (H covers)

Donk lead induces this, bluff or not. Expecting a hand like ace Broadway heart. Maybe set of nines.

We are too deep now. I'd cringe call.

This is why I just jam pre and make them vomit from ICM considerations. I don't want to have to think about playing this OOP post.

I'd like to think that he'd bet most of his big draws and such on flop. But I'm sure there are some ICM considerstions that have him check back hands you wouldn't normally think to check back. I have a hard time believing this line is something like KQhh or JT though. The nut flush isn't going to want to jam here I don't think since he has position. And JT might do this, but that's means he'd have to have 3 bet that pre, which I find suspect given the exact situation.

Only value that makes sense is exactly 99 maybe AA (though that's only one combo at this point). I don't think AxQh plays like this. That's too risky given ICM. I just don't see a ton of value hands playing this way. So does he ever turn something like TxTh into a bluff? Does he really have off suit Broadway with a heart?

Weird spot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom