Live 2/5 hand. (2 Viewers)

duecesneverloses

High Hand
Reaction score
Playing live 2/5. Table is half full of degens including myself that have been here for 6 hours or so 3 new players just sat down three young grinders like myself i have already requested a table change as there are better tables than this one since the new players aren't who I am trying to play with. Hand takes place early in the morning maybe 9-10am. Table is deep tho average stack size is over 200bb.

Hero is on the button with QcQs. Utg limp Mp limps Mp+1 limps Hijack makes it 20 ( Young grinder mumbled something about had to call you with blockers first hand at the table.) Co (Another young grinder seems to be friends and probably both regulars with the Hijack.) flats It. Hero makes it 90 just under a pot sized bet. folds back to the Hijack who calls and Co folds. Hijack is the effective stack here with right around 700 Hero covers. Pot is 220ish less rake. Flop is Q28r He checks I check back. I don't think there is much merit to betting here rainbow board no straight draw and Villain cant have KK+ as he should be 4betting those preflop. Turn is Ac bringing a bdfd. He thinks almost bets then checks. I bet 125 into 220. He calls river is 5c bringing bdfd. So 34s gets there and XXcc gets there besides that we have everything else crushed. Pot is 470. He checks I bet smallish 275. I want to jam given he has about 500 left and pot is 470 so almost 1:1 SPR but am trying to target his 1 pair holding to call. I think Villain can have AK/AQ(only 4 combos left but still)/A8s/A5s/A2s. Thoughts?

Villain has the other two Queens obv! :p

Given your flop and turn lines I don't see Villain having the made flush or AQ here, my thoughts:

1. On the turn AQ has made top two and could be facing an AK type hand that he is crushing that he can check-raise, and the flush draw appearing on the turn means he probably doesn't want you to not pay extra to draw to it, should you happen to have one.

2. On the river when the bdfd hits, he is most likely to lead out, rather than go for a check-raise. Your flop and turn plays shouldn't lead him to believe he can expect a bet from you (i.e. your play looks similar to a one-pair holding that is likely to check behind on the river). So I don't believe Villain has the flush here.

Bet the flop and give yourself a chance to build pot and stack him. He might float or make a move. As played its ok. River jam is fine. Gross if he checkraised but not folding.

^ Agree, bet flop 90-100 and give him a chance to check-raise with his pocket pair (88!).

I also bet bigger on the turn, 160-175 or so.

Jamming river to fold out weak flushes. I'm calling a check-bet-jam, so not losing any extra money -- but may force a few better hands to fold, killing off his showdown value.

A smallish river bet may get a few worse single-pair hands to call, but jamming gets some of the better ones to fold. Winning a smaller pot is better than losing a larger one because you didn't bet enough.

^ Agree, bet flop 90-100 and give him a chance to check-raise with his pocket pair (88!).

I also bet bigger on the turn, 160-175 or so.

Jamming river to fold out weak flushes. I'm calling a check-bet-jam, so not losing any extra money -- but may force a few better hands to fold, killing off his showdown value.

A smallish river bet may get a few worse single-pair hands to call, but jamming gets some of the better ones to fold. Winning a smaller pot is better than losing a larger one because you didn't bet enough.

I almost always bet 1/2 in 3bet pots because you dont need to bet larger to get all the momey in by the river.
Lollive poker noone is folding a flush on this river given stack size. I disagree that anyone would fold better here. If i bet more its for value not a bluff.

Villain has the other two Queens obv! :p

Given your flop and turn lines I don't see Villain having the made flush or AQ here, my thoughts:

1. On the turn AQ has made top two and could be facing an AK type hand that he is crushing that he can check-raise, and the flush draw appearing on the turn means he probably doesn't want you to not pay extra to draw to it, should you happen to have one.

2. On the river when the bdfd hits, he is most likely to lead out, rather than go for a check-raise. Your flop and turn plays shouldn't lead him to believe he can expect a bet from you (i.e. your play looks similar to a one-pair holding that is likely to check behind on the river). So I don't believe Villain has the flush here.

Hard to bet flop when we block so many of villains continue range calling combos.
We only get called if he decides to spazz out.
Bet the flop and give yourself a chance to build pot and stack him. He might float or make a move. As played its ok. River jam is fine. Gross if he checkraised but not folding.

Yeah he gets a a double if check raised but pot odds and stuff i cant fold.

KTcc/KJcc?

I think you played it great. If flushy arrived, not much you can play differently except possibly a c-bet if you aren't known as established rock/omc.

If you're c-betting flops when you miss, you should c-bet when you hit. You could have plenty of AKs in your range, and villain could easily float with a middle pair.

If you're c-betting flops when you miss, you should c-bet when you hit. You could have plenty of AKs in your range, and villain could easily float with a middle pair.

I should be checking few combos of very strong hands to protect my check back range top set looks like a good canidate to me especially considering we block so many hand V can continue with. Also I dont just blindly cbet flops I miss that isnt good strategy live with tons of fish and calling stations.

KTcc/KJcc?

I think you played it great. If flushy arrived, not much you can play differently except possibly a c-bet if you aren't known as established rock/omc.

Not seen as the table nit im getting involved for sure but am more aggressive when I am involved than the field.

My apologies, I mistakenly thought you were looking for the opinions of others. Sounds like you already have it all figured out. Well-played.

My thoughts:

1) Right size raise preflop.
2) Some merit to betting or checking on flop. I'm fine with checking here to balance your check back range, especially if your c-bet % is not very high. If you c-bet often, I would do so here to balance that range. In this case, with no overs, I think check>bet.
3) On turn, bet a little bigger. This sets up an easier river shove. If you make it $160 instead of $125, the pot is now $540 and v only has about $465 behind.

My apologies, I mistakenly thought you were looking for the opinions of others. Sounds like you already have it all figured out. Well-played.

If i Didnt want the opinions i wouldnt have posted it xD. I just explained my thought proccess in reply to each response my apolagies if this offends you.

My thoughts:

1) Right size raise preflop.
2) Some merit to betting or checking on flop. I'm fine with checking here to balance your check back range, especially if your c-bet % is not very high. If you c-bet often, I would do so here to balance that range. In this case, with no overs, I think check>bet.
3) On turn, bet a little bigger. This sets up an easier river shove. If you make it $160 instead of $125, the pot is now $540 and v only has about $465 behind.

Yeah in hindsight little large ott does set up for river jams better but either way its about a psb left.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom