List: Annoying Things in the Chip World (1 Viewer)

Papasatyr

Two Pair
Reaction score
I'll start...

I get annoyed when: chips on the same mold are different thickness.

Bought some triclubs to add to a mixed-mold set of HHRs and triclubs. Got the chips, minty fresh, grippy little "clay velcro" stackability, heavy & probably lead weighted bricks at 9.8g, sound fantastic...yet, put barrels of the old and new chips side by side, the old chip barrels are a half chip taller. Sigh.

Ran into this peril filling in a set of plastic diamonds too. Sigh.

I'll start...

Bought some triclubs to add to a mixed-mold set of HHRs and triclubs. Got the chips, minty fresh, grippy little "clay velcro" stackability, heavy & probably lead weighted bricks at 9.8g, sound fantastic...yet, put barrels of the old and new chips side by side, the old chip barrels are a half chip taller. Sigh.

no such thing as leaded HHR

Dibs on the thicc triclubs.

Seriously, I’d like to see them if you don’t want them. Or maybe we can work a trade for triclubs thet I can’t use. :unsure:

So you commented with the sole purpose of making me feel less because I found my purchase a funny little tale to share, and yes, a touch annoying. Gee, so very friendly.
No not just you. You are one of many many members. Ha ha

Dibs on the thicc triclubs.

Seriously, I’d like to see them if you don’t want them. Or maybe we can work a trade for triclubs thet I can’t use. :unsure:
The thick triclubs are my personal set for now. They're f-ing sweet! They weigh in a 10.2g, stack freaking boss, have a little bit sloppy flashing work that gives them character, and have do not appear to have seen play. And yet, they are old. Old enought that the ASM horseheads in the set show a green patina on the brass flakes of the whites and black patina on the reds & blues; they've literally sat in storage so long, they brass has had decades to oxidize. Found 'em cheap too!

When I get my custom CPCs (probably sometime this summer or fall) then I will most certainly part with said set. I'll keep you in mind.

So you commented with the sole purpose of making me feel less because I found my purchase a funny little tale to share, and yes, a touch annoying. Gee, so very friendly.
There are just always gonna be those members who make it their goal to bring others down/thread crap/project their negative state particularly with newer members, for whatever reason. And that, is what annoys me about this chipping world. Though I suppose those people aren't exclusive to chipping.

download (1).jpeg

I'll start...

Run the taller stack through the flattening process. It may be that the taller stack has some slightly warped chips. I find that when I flatten a barrel of chips they sit shorter by as much as 1/2 a chip. Just a thought.......

I'll start...

You could try to mix with Borland Nevada chips...these are also thicker then other ASM molds (about half a chip)

Chipping and poker are hobbies, much like golf for some people. It is something I do for fun when I'm not working. Even a rainy day on the course is better than a sunny day in the office.

Rain happens in every hobby but none of it gets my blood pressure up so much. Some one blows an air horn in my back swing? Whatevs. I'll drop another ball and take a swing. Someone cheats on their score?Oh well. It's not the pga. The range officer confiscated my illegal cooler? Sucker that was my decoy cooler. The head of my club comes off and flys into a water hazard? I can't really hit a five iron anyway.

Bottom line, things are only annoying if you allow them to be so. Embrace the challenges, go with the flow, and have fun. If it's not fun, there are lots of other hobbies to explore!!

Run the taller stack through the flattening process. It may be that the taller stack has some slightly warped chips. I find that when I flatten a barrel of chips they sit shorter by as much as 1/2 a chip. Just a thought.......
I'm just going to match the newer triclubs to some other set. When you collect and sell sets, things like this are minor setbacks as opposed to "damn! I'm still not done building this set". They might go great with those A-molds in shrinkwrap I found last June. Those are thinner chips too, in similarly near-perfect condition.

Chipping and poker are hobbies, much like golf for some people. It is something I do for fun when I'm not working. Even a rainy day on the course is better than a sunny day in the office.

Rain happens in every hobby but none of it gets my blood pressure up so much. Some one blows an air horn in my back swing? Whatevs. I'll drop another ball and take a swing. Someone cheats on their score?Oh well. It's not the pga. The range officer confiscated my illegal cooler? Sucker that was my decoy cooler. The head of my club comes off and flys into a water hazard? I can't really hit a five iron anyway.

Bottom line, things are only annoying if you allow them to be so. Embrace the challenges, go with the flow, and have fun. If it's not fun, there are lots of other hobbies to explore!!
High five brother....decoy coolers FTW

I'm going to rant like the old geezers liked to rant that a bottle of coke was like 5¢ during WWII. Those geezers are all likely dead now so it's up those of us getting older to pick up the mantle of old man complaining.

Paulsons used to be a dollar a chip! WTF!?!
CPC used to be called ASM! WTF!?!
Them bastards at BCC used to crank out subpar chips that were dirt cheap. People hated them with their oblong inlays. They closed up shop and now people think BCCs are the bees knees! WTF!?!
God damn poker chip illuminati haven't invited me into the next NAGB. Elitist bastards! WTF!?!

I'm going to rant like the old geezers liked to rant that a bottle of coke was like 5¢ during WWII. Those geezers are all likely dead now so it's up those of us getting older to pick up the mantle of old man complaining.

Them bastards at BCC used to crank out subpar chips that were dirt cheap. People hated them with their oblong inlays. They closed up shop and now people think BCCs are the bees knees! WTF!?!
God damn poker chip illuminati haven't invited me into the next NAGB. Elitist bastards! WTF!?!
"... thats the way it was, and WE LIKED IT!"

grumpy-old-man-with-glasses-RBBEY3.jpg

But oh, do I miss the days when ASMs and Paulsons really were a buck a chip.
And oh, do I miss the days of chippers rejecting BCCs as a custom choice for the exact reasons you state.

But oh, do I miss the days when ASMs and Paulsons really were a buck a chip.
And oh, do I miss the days of chippers rejecting BCCs as a custom choice for the exact reasons you state.

yeah but when all 7 moons collided on a blue monday...they also cranked out some FANTASTIC sets...those are the ones veterans are (still) raving about.
BCC was a high risk game but the rewards if all checked out were very very sweet

I'm cooking paella for dinner tonight. Oh, and people that go off topic in threads with completely irrelevant stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom