Limit Poker - Gauging interest with your crew (1 Viewer)

Would/do you use dice chips to test the Limit waters with your crew?

• Yes, and I still do, but don't tell anyone.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
IF you don't play just because you ONLY have dice chips, then you lost. Play with dice chips. Play with Fucking toothpicks. Just play.
This is the right idea. The most important element of a home game are the players. Everything else, like equipment, is secondary.

Good morning all,

Thank you very much to everyone who took the time to contribute to the thread, much appreciated. A good mix of sentiments, offers of great chips and honesty :)

Agree whole-heartedly that the people make the game and I have a great crew. They are always willing to try a new game and concept. They would be fine with dice chips as they are not as sick as we are haha. I know people do use them and I was only a little serious about whether they are even an option. Of course they are haha (not a long term perhaps).

I was given 900 white dice chips about seven years ago and they have sat in the cupboard ever since. I was tempted to get them out and try Limit through the years, but never did. I love the idea of all the one colour workhorse chip and was tempted to get the dice chips out, and I know it is an option, but ...

I have recently bought some HSI (700 chips total).

We had five (5) players, and went with the 100 chips per person of the HSI (20 x 25c, 60 x $1, and 20 x $5 = 100 chips). My players weren't bothered, and I soon overcame my OCD and it was a fun way to go.

Well, we played Limit Omaha to get used to the Limit betting structure and then we played 'Sabre' (you know it as 'Scrotum') and they really loved that as a Limit game. We had played it as PL before, but the variance ... haha. We will add SOHE next time and then, maybe, '8' games. I don't want to overload them :).

I am thinking that a Limit set is probably on the cards in the future ... hmmm, now, are there any sales on soon?

Thanks again guys :)
Adam

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom