Let Go Today - Anybody Hiring? (2 Viewers)

I thought the following way to leave a job is quite funny. No burnt bridges but satisfies a bit of that itch.

Best wishes for the new position and thanks for sharing this process. Reminds me that good things can still happen even after crappy ones.

1575212103712.jpeg

Great to hear you settled in a good spot. I know the stress.

I’m a big believer in not burning bridges even when your company screwed you. I got laid off as a medical sales manager after 10 years at a company I loved. Reason for the layoff was that the president of our company decided to acquire another company that didn’t work out. His answer to make the numbers look better were cross divisional layoffs in the salesforce.

In any event, I was cordial and sent a very heartfelt goodbye message to everybody I worked with. I ended up with another company that I didn’t like. Word got back to my old place and it worked out there was an open spot again for the same type of position a year later almost to the day. Long story short people started reaching out and I ended up back with my old company.

On the flip side a woman on my team left after 6 years (probably because she didn’t get a promotion). After giving two weeks she was almost unreachable Then refused to do an exit interview with HR. She has zero chance of ever getting back here and considering where she went, she may be looking in six months

Congrats! Awesome to hear! Leave with dignity, appreciation and respect. Good things will continue to come your way.

I was let go from my job three months ago. One day soon after, I heard a story about Lee Iacocca, the father of the Ford Mustang. He had been a tireless worker for many years, but Henry Ford II was jealous and didn't like him. Ford brought Iacocca into his office and told him he was fired. When asked for the reason, Ford simply said "I don't like you."

Iacocca said that day he felt a huge load was lifted from his shoulders. "Thank God the bullshit is over," was the way he described it. Hearing that story made me feel much better.

I am late to reading this thread, but there has been some great input here by others. I can't emphasize enough getting good at Linkedin, if you are seriously seeking employment I recommend buying the base Linkedin package which gives you advantages over others, it is very easy to cancel once you find work. Don't worry about whether people will accept your friend requests or not, most people will help you get insights even if they don't know you but maybe know your friends. Another good move is to find a recruiter that specializes in your field. When you find one you like, be sure to meet them in person if possible and stay in touch on Linkedin or by email, even to wish them a happy birthday or Thanksgiving or whatever. Things like that can really pay off down the road. Hope you're doing well, I found work very quickly this way!

1575214214805.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom