Let Go Today - Anybody Hiring? (1 Viewer)

Davism72

Flush
Reaction score
Hey, all. Seems weird to post here, but I thought I might as well put the word out. Got let go today so I'm looking for a place to land. I'm a software engineer in Reno, NV. Anybody hiring?

Hey, all. Seems weird to post here, but I thought I might as well put the word out. Got let go today so I'm looking for a place to land. I'm a software engineer in Reno, NV. Anybody hiring?

Was it just you or a bigger problem with the company?

In Reno / Sparks:
IGT
Scientific Games
Sierra Nevada Corp
Hamilton

Was it just you or a bigger problem with the company?

In Reno / Sparks:
IGT
Scientific Games
Sierra Nevada Corp
Hamilton
Was like 2/3 of the company. I’ve actually interviewed at Hamilton before and really liked the company they said no because I didn’t have a CS degree. Maybe they’d reconsider.

If you were willing to relocate to Orlando, I could definitely help. :whistle: :whistling:

Best of luck in your search.

Sucks... FWIW, In my experience, seems like even though probably super stressful now, these things have a way of working out for the better in the long. Good luck.

Fuuuuuck.

I have no leads to offer, but good juju headed your way, my man.
Accepting every bit of juju sent. Many thanks.

It’s not really as bleak as it could be. I knew I was working for a shaky company. And I have some contract work to fall back on in the short term. Just wanted to put a feeler out in case anybody had a lead.

Was like 2/3 of the company. I’ve actually interviewed at Hamilton before and really liked the company they said no because I didn’t have a CS degree. Maybe they’d reconsider.

It’s worth a shot. Did you get any severance to help ease the transition?

It’s worth a shot. Did you get any severance to help ease the transition?
No severance. Not a surprise, really. They weren’t going to do any paid leave when our new baby is born. I’m disappointed, but I knew I was working for disappointing people.

Reactions: JWC
Sorry to hear that. I'll ask around for you in the Bay Area. Maybe you can work remotely or maybe you want to jump over the hill at some point. Best of luck to you, man.

Accepting every bit of juju sent. Many thanks.

It’s not really as bleak as it could be. I knew I was working for a shaky company. And I have some contract work to fall back on in the short term. Just wanted to put a feeler out in case anybody had a lead.

Sorry to hear of your stress. I hope what appeared to be adversity turns out to be opportunity.

Sorry to hear. As Jeff says it may turn out for the best. The day I learned I was losing my job I bought a paper and my dream job was advertising. I got that job and have been here for 20+ years. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Sorry to hear about your job. It could be the best thing that ever happened to you. Look at setting up on your own. That’s what I did and it’s early days but no regrets so far...

How is the job hunt progressing?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom