Lending out a travel set.... (1 Viewer)

longflop

Flush
Reaction score
My neighbor is having an 8 person game tomorrow night and asked if he could borrow chips and cards. I'm not playing due to helping my wife with the kids at the pool, but he is a great guy and I trust him to watch over my things. I don't know any of the people that are playing. Part of the reason I am getting more comfortable with hosting a game again is that I know my players, for almost all of them, I know if somebody has been sick, or I trust them to do the right thing if they were in an iffy spot.

I was just going to give him my set of poker knights and a setup of poker sized, regular index copags along with a dealer button. None of those are in my rotation, so I'm not really worried about them. My question is, do you think its worth taking any steps to sanitize anything when I get it back? I figure that I probably won't pick it up for a couple of days later, and from what I hear, any potential virus wouldn't live on surfaces for that long, so I don't think I will need to do anything.

Since I don't use anything that I am giving him, I may just leave it there as an away game setup!

You say nothing you are lending out is in your rotation ..... Don't waste time sanitizing them, but keep them separate from everything else. The virus can only survive so long without a host. Put them in quarantine for a while and you will be fine.

I figure if I just pick them up next weekend, no harm, no foul, no virus.

You say nothing you are lending out is in your rotation ..... Don't waste time sanitizing them, but keep them separate from everything else. The virus can only survive so long without a host. Put them in quarantine for a while and you will be fine.
Pretty much this. I wouldn't waste any time or worry about sanitizing anything. Even if any virus or sick gets on the chips and cards, leave them out for a few days to "air out" and not touch them. Any microbes living on the surfaces will die off without another host.

I'd say pick them up and put them somewhere out of the way, wash you hands real good before you touch anything else, and let them sit for a while...that should be plenty good.

Good advice already given. Nice to see your neighbor appreciates the value of nicer chips and cards

Five days of isolation for those chips should be plenty:

"Different Kinds of Surfaces

Metal

Examples: doorknobs, jewelry, silverware
5 days

Wood
Examples: furniture, decking
4 days

Plastics
Examples: milk containers and detergent bottles, subway and bus seats, backpacks, elevator buttons
2 to 3 days

Stainless steel
Examples: refrigerators, pots and pans, sinks, some water bottles
2 to 3 days

Cardboard
Examples: shipping boxes
24 hours

Copper
Examples: pennies, teakettles, cookware
4 hours

Aluminum
Examples: soda cans, tinfoil, water bottles
2 to 8 hours

Glass
Examples: drinking glasses, measuring cups, mirrors, windows
Up to 5 days

Ceramics
Examples: dishes, pottery, mugs
5 days

Paper
Examples: mail, newspaper
The length of time varies. Some strains of coronavirus live for only a few minutes on paper, while others live for up to 5 days.

Food
Examples: takeout, produce
Coronavirus doesn't seem to spread through food.

Water
Coronavirus hasn't been found in drinking water. If it does get into the water supply, your local water treatment plant filters and disinfects the water, which should kill any germs.

Fabrics
Examples: clothes, linens
There’s not much research about how long the virus lives on fabric, but it’s probably not as long as on hard surfaces."

nicer chips and cards
umm, I'm lending him the poker knights...

I really want to play, but its a bunch of his friends I don't know, and I kind of get the feeling that they will be loosely following the rules. I'll probably stop by for a late night beer and feel it out.

Man now I can't wait to get to this game and see what chips ARE in this rotation??? Also I hear this is a large game MOAR chippes!!!
Nothing like what you guys have. Just some semi-custom CPS and 8V CC's. Thats why it is such a big deal when @PhilLaFond and @Highli99 bring guest sets. I'm thinking about hosting a game in July, email coming out soon.

What we have! Lmao... I only have 2 cheap sets that would cover 4 plus tables with unlimited rebuys... most of our sets are built for 20 players. Definitely not in the big league yet buddy!!

Nothing like what you guys have. Just some semi-custom CPS and 8V CC's. Thats why it is such a big deal when @PhilLaFond and @Highli99 bring guest sets. I'm thinking about hosting a game in July, email coming out soon.
I've been itching to play for months, lol. Guest set could be available for July depending on the size/type of game...

I've been itching to play for months, lol. Guest set could be available for July depending on the size/type of game...
Man I would play with dice chips to see all our local buddies. But this guest set sounds intriguing!! Hope to see ya soon @PhilLaFond, also @Seeking Alpha Social Club is having a game in two weeks! It's a drive down to VA but deep stack, oversized chips, brand new beautiful cardroom, and some really really good company

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom