Legs For Heads-Up Table (1 Viewer)

chipsncoffee

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm looking to build a heads-up table for my brother and myself in the near future, but I'm not sure what to do about the legs. I need something that could be folded up to be put away, but I'm not sure how to achieve that with a smaller table without us constantly hitting our legs on them. The table itself will be 44" x 32", so I need to figure something out that will work within those parameters. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much, all.

I went with realistic.
81eVYbAA2EL._SY679_.jpg

Cut you build like a TV tray style?
View attachment 352580

I was actually thinking about something like that. It's absolutely not a bad idea until I'm in a place where I could put more permanent legs on it. Also, does it even make sense to build a table with folding legs with a raised, lighted rail? I would really like to, but I'm wondering if it's even logical.

Well the part that gets dicey to me is the table topper itself will start weighing a lot and the legs (even stronger/metal material) might not weigh enough to balance itself out. So a good nudge could potentially topple it.

Could you create some sort of disassembly attachment?
Either something like below, or maybe even a traditional small table base, maybe with wing-nuts, so you can disassemble it quickly?

1571017823063.png

Could you create some sort of disassembly attachment?
Either something like below, or maybe even a traditional small table base, maybe with wing-nuts, so you can disassemble it quickly?

View attachment 352590

I like this idea. I’d love to stick some Gorilla legs on it, but I’m worried that they’d have to be mounted too close to the ends of the table because they’re 28” long.

I like this idea. I’d love to stick some Gorilla legs on it, but I’m worried that they’d have to be mounted too close to the ends of the table because they’re 28” long.
Hmmm, if you had the table legs fold out sideways instead of lengthwise, then maybe they would not get out in the way of the two players' legs.

Sorry, but I’m not totally sure what you mean by having them fold out sideways.
If the players are sitting at the ends of a table, we’ll call it north and south. The legs usually fold out lengthwise- also north and south. If the table legs folded out east and west, then the table legs might not interfere with the players’ legs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom