Lebowski Theme (1 Viewer)

trigs

Flush
Reaction score
I've been fooling around with making a custom set of chips for a while, and there are a few themes that I've been randomly working on here and there. The Big Lebowski is my favorite movie, so I've considered making a custom label for it and finally got around to it recently. This is by no means a completed project, but just wanted to post it and get some feedback. I have not decided on fonts or a mold yet (leaning towards small crowns). The chip below is just an example - no colors have been finalized yet.

I've considered doing a different character on each denomination, but I decided against that ultimately. I am considering having this inlay on one side and the other side of the chip having a funny quote from The Dude with perhaps a little symbol from the movie along with it (for example, bowling pins and/or bowling ball, a joint, a white Russian, the briefcase, the toe (lol that might be too much) etc.). Any suggestions for good quotes (obviously can't be too long) or symbols to include are welcome also.

The Dude inlay.jpg
Dude $1.png

Some things to consider: I originally had thin black lines around the outside of the stars, but I ended up removing them. I was also thinking of possibly matching the colors of the stars for the base chip color instead of multiple colored stars. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

When the cops come to talk about his stolen car (and credence) they pick up a bowling pin shaped bowl in his ashtray. That may be a more subtle option than a joint. I love this movie, following with interest

I think this set as a custom ceramic set would be perfect - like the Parks and Rec ceramics.
I'm not a huge fan of ceramic chips, but I was considering ceramic dealer buttons, hi and hi/lo buttons, bounties, kill, etc. to go with the set. These are ones that I'd possibly add other characters on.

The dude abides. <- this one is a no brainer and must be included.

Nice marmot.

Obviously you're not a golfer.

I hate the fucking Eagles.

I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.

Woo peed on my rug.

At least I'm housebroken.

Strikes and gutters, ups and downs.

man, I could go on with these for ages!

Nice marmot.

Obviously you're not a golfer.

I hate the fucking Eagles.

I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.

Woo peed on my rug.

man, I could go on with these for ages!
"Nice marmot." with a marmot pic
"Obviously you're not a golfer." with a bowling ball pic
Those could work.

Oh, man, this would have been so good to have different characters on the denoms and a quote from each one.

The Dude
Walter
Donnie
Maude
The Big Lebowski (highest denom chip)

Gunther for a no value chip? ("We believe in NOTHING!")

Jesus for the bounty?

Oh, man, this would have been so good to have different characters on the denoms and a quote from each one.

The Dude
Walter
Donnie
Maude
The Big Lebowski (highest denom chip)

Gunther for a no value chip? ("We believe in NOTHING!")

Jesus for the bounty?
I smell a group buy..... but Jesus has to be a denomination, bounce Maude. Probably the 500 because he dresses in purple. Haha.

I really think it'll happen one day, but no limits on time at the moment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom