Learning about Poker Chips (1 Viewer)

BigDenali

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I decided to join this forum because I want to learn more about poker chips and get some badass chips for my home game.

I've been wanting to have a regular home game for decades but could never find any players that were as excited about as me, until 2022. A new neighbor moved in next door and we played poker on new years eve and had tons of fun. We got a weekly game going after that and we have nine players now. It's the most fun we all have every week.

We have the crappy dice chips that you can buy on amazon for $40/500. It's time for an upgrade. I'm thinking custom chips. I want to put my game room logo on them.

Here's my question that I'm sure everyone in this forum has heard plenty of times. Where should I go to get the best chips for my home game? I don't really care about the cost.

Thanks!

Thanks, yeah I've been reading through some posts and came to that conclusion also.

Here's another question? 39mm vs 44mm? Is it a big difference? Not sure I've ever played with a 44mm chip.

It’s a big difference but if you have a set with all 44, you’ll get used to it quickly. Personally, I’m not a fan of any of the molds available for 44 mm though, same with the spot patterns.

Thanks, yeah I've been reading through some posts and came to that conclusion also.

Here's another question? 39mm vs 44mm? Is it a big difference? Not sure I've ever played with a 44mm chip.
Take a look at how much people pay for 43mm paulsons and you be tempted to learn what that’s all about. Scarcity goes a long way to explaining the price premium, but bigger is definitely cool.

"The best" is subjective. @Eriks is correct as far as the best customizable=CPC but having said I don't think they're the best chip. I prefer Paulson (which doesn't make me right) but you mentioned you don't really care about price so my suggestion to you would be: BOTH!!!

"The best" is subjective. @Eriks is correct as far as the best customizable=CPC but having said I don't think they're the best chip. I prefer Paulson (which doesn't make me right) but you mentioned you don't really care about price so my suggestion to you would be: BOTH!!!
Both! Thats a great idea. For Paulsons you have to buy used sets? I saw some on apachepoker but no where else yet. I guess i need to check this site. Havent look into that yet.

It’s a big difference but if you have a set with all 44, you’ll get used to it quickly. Personally, I’m not a fan of any of the molds available for 44 mm though, same with the spot patterns.
Ill see if they have some samples I can get. Larger chips sound pretty cool.

Welcome to the forum @BigDenali.
CPC is probably your best option but as @TheRealTeddyKGB mentions, Paulsons are pretty sweet. Relabeling Paulsons would probably be a much bigger undertaking than ordering from CPC but if you have the time, patience and funds, you could create yourself a beautiful one of a kind premium set.

Patience and funds are key. If you have those two things, the sky is the limit and worth reaching for. You won’t regret it. ;)

Best of luck on your journey and enjoy the ride.

Welcome to the forum @BigDenali.
CPC is probably your best option but as @TheRealTeddyKGB mentions, Paulsons are pretty sweet. Relabeling Paulsons would probably be a much bigger undertaking than ordering from CPC but if you have the time, patience and funds, you could create yourself a beautiful one of a kind premium set.

Patience and funds are key. If you have those two things, the sky is the limit and worth reaching for. You won’t regret it. ;)

Best of luck on your journey and enjoy the ride.
Relabeling? Interesting. Is there a service you can use for that?

Thanks for the info. I plan to take as much time as needed. This is great fun just exploring the options so far.

Relabeling? Interesting. Is there a service you can use for that?

Thanks for the info. I plan to take as much time as needed. This is great fun just exploring the options so far.
@Gear can make your personalized labels once you provide the art.
@Gear and @Josh Kifer also provide milling services for chips or you can murder the chips yourself and apply your own personal labels to them.
This is unfamiliar territory for me personally but there are plenty of folks here who could better assist you with that knowledge.

Below are labels from murdered Paulson chips and their reincarnation into @Seeking Alpha Social Club s personalized chips. More work than I’d personally want to take on but can turn out amazing when your done.
B7A43D5A-935A-483F-AE70-EE2CF31364C7.png
217F6A02-8C05-4DA1-A7E2-DA79B9AE80D2.png

Welcome. CPC is your only option for a personal custom clay set. Make sure to get samples, 10+ for shuffling, of the molds you like the looks of as they're very different.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom