Lawyer (Barrister) Bookcase FTW!!! (1 Viewer)

MoeTremper

Pair
Reaction score
Long ago, I put my name on one piece of furniture in the house where I grew up that I'd get to take as an adult. My mom finally gave in and let me take her antique bookcase. It's just what my chippies were crying for:

Before:

After:

Some closer shots:

The next step is some sort of lighting, but it is an antique, so I want to damage it as little as possible. Even the stick-on wireless LEDs scare me.

If the shelves are strong enough, this approaches the perfect chip storage/display option, in my opinion.
Especially for multiple sets.

Bonus points if the shelf height is enough to accommodate the birdcages.

The next step is some sort of lighting, but it is an antique, so I want to damage it as little as possible. Even the stick-on wireless LEDs scare me.
Personal opinion, as one with a near identical barristers bookcase: lighting is not necessary and will likely destroy the value of your antique if drilling a hole is required. Also, when the shelves are stocked, the chips block the utility of a light anyhoo.

38938AB4-8CAA-474C-87E1-AA9BE90AF9C0.jpeg

Personal opinion, as one with a near identical barristers bookcase: lighting is not necessary and will likely destroy the value of your antique if drilling a hole is required.
Yeah, if I did anything, it would be wireless/battery-powered, rather than drilling a hole.

Also, when the shelves are stocked, the chips block the utility of a light anyhoo.
You'll notice I went with the staggered and angled display, which would benefit from light more than the full-shelf approach you have going on. That was partially due to the size of my collection, but also because this unit feels very "antiquey." I was nervous putting as much weight on each shelf as I did, but thought, 'this has been holding books for over 100 years. I think it can handle some weight.'

Thanks for mentioning Mousetrap. I'm surprised nobody commented on the super-sweet Lego Voltron or Ghostbusters firehouse. I thought we were kindred spirits around here. :(

Oh trust me, I noticed the lego Ghostbuster's firehouse before I even noticed the chips in the first pic. One of the coolest sets they ever made. Voltron is way out of my wheelhouse though.

Mousetrap was the low hanging fruit joke though so that's what I went with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom