Lawrence, Just Spent More Than I Should Have on NEW WTHC Chips, Have Questions! Grazi! (1 Viewer)

Tripz7

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Evenin’! New to the crew! Just bought chips elsewhere that were listed as new and I have so many questions. I paid exponentially more than I should have for “new” WTHC chips and see discoloration in the center of the chips… i have some i purchased about 11 years ago and they look nicer than these new ones… could these have been different production chips or fakes? As i see a lot for sale here for much less and may just return these… mine is the left, his is on the right… did i get hosed? Are there fakes? Any help would be appreciated as i am a newbie… thank you, again! Furthermore, have 500s from him with different colors on the sides… they just need to be oiled?? Thank you for your help! I will return these and hopefully buy the set from the French gent! Thank you, again, for having me! More pictures will be posted to help!

Attachments

• 8BB25AA1-AF42-4E57-8380-1282C6E47C46.jpeg
    8BB25AA1-AF42-4E57-8380-1282C6E47C46.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 128
Hard to tell from pictures, but that looks to me like an inlay discolored a little due to sun exposure.
That is what i thought, as well! Here are a few more pics of discolored stack vs mine… and the inlay… can they be brightened with some shine? Mine on right… i know center probably wont budge… they feel phenomenal but they aren’t “new” and i want to buy the ones here! Thank you for your reply, brother!

Attachments

• 7C657A03-54D5-4056-8207-7D3EF6A5E6C4.jpeg
    7C657A03-54D5-4056-8207-7D3EF6A5E6C4.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 86
  • 698A533E-44FA-42C4-AF28-4D5B79AD009F.jpeg
    698A533E-44FA-42C4-AF28-4D5B79AD009F.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 84
Agreed. Hard to tell by pics. Inlay lines up correctly to the shape & has similar imperfections to mine. Just looks like more miles & or poor storage.

20200103_204951.jpg

That is what i thought, as well! Here are a few more pics of discolored stack vs mine… and the inlay… can they be brightened with some shine? Mine on right… i know center probably wont budge… they feel phenomenal but they aren’t “new” and i want to buy the ones here! Thank you for your reply, brother!

Agreed. Hard to tell by pics. Inlay lines up correctly to the shape & has similar imperfections to mine. Just looks like more miles & or poor storage.

View attachment 1029419
moral crisis for me… guy selling will find another sucker and will sell… do i keep these, lube ‘em up and just roll?? Or return and get them here? Seems rhetorical, i know. The guy is just the worst and lists them as new even though they arent

moral crisis for me… guy selling will find another sucker and will sell… do i keep these, lube ‘em up and just roll?? Or return and get them here? Seems rhetorical, i know. The guy is just the worst and lists them as new even though they arent
Not a crisis… u get what im saying

Attachments

• D8E99707-56B9-4377-9600-D8BD3D18DB23.jpeg
    D8E99707-56B9-4377-9600-D8BD3D18DB23.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 69
  • 0B321AA2-03AA-48E8-A8A9-34960882FF9B.jpeg
    0B321AA2-03AA-48E8-A8A9-34960882FF9B.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 68
Keep them. A little inlay discolouration never killed anybody. They are still original chips.
Ok! They were grossly overpriced, though… Now that I have found this epic forum i could get them for much less

Also depends also how much you paid for them. But they are definitely not fakes. They seem ever so slightly more used than the ones you already had, but still well within the OK range to me. But it's all personal preference, and they are absolutely not NEW, so you're in your right to return them for sure since that claim is a straight up lie.

The edges on his $500s show some use and also show some deeper color because of oil. They get that way from being shuffled and played. You can either clean them or oil/play yours to get reasonably matching colors there.

It is also pretty common for old chips that it's hard to complete a set with completely matching colors, because of different storage, cleaning and use over the years.

Also depends also how much you paid for them. But they are definitely not fakes. They seem ever so slightly more used than the ones you already had, but still well within the OK range to me. But it's all personal preference, and they are absolutely not NEW, so you're in your right to return them for sure since that claim is a straight up lie.

The edges on his $500s show some use and also show some deeper color because of oil. They get that way from being shuffled and played. You can either clean them or oil/play yours to get reasonably matching colors there.

It is also pretty common for old chips that it's hard to complete a set with completely matching colors, because of different storage, cleaning and use over the years.
Ok! Im trying to return them but I am a new member here and cant post on classifieds to buy the ones from the gentleman from France! Maybe i can just post an in search of! Thank you for your help!

Ehhhh upon looking at the lot for sale, though the centers look less faded, the edges on the ones i overpaid for look cleaner… ahhh maybe i just need to bite the bullet and clean these up! Should i used a sonic cleaner? Is there a forum for cleaning and oiling?? Thank you, again!

Definitely the real deal. There are some minor color differencies within denoms. I’ve encountered it with the $1s, $5s and $500s.

Hard to say whether you got a good deal or not, not knowing what you paid but if you got them at or under $5/chip on average, it’s fine

Definitely the real deal. There are some minor color differencies within denoms. I’ve encountered it with the $1s, $5s and $500s.

Hard to say whether you got a good deal or not, not knowing what you paid but if you got them at or under $5/chip on average, it’s fine
It was way more and i am an idiot for not doing my research first! Thank you!

It was way more and i am an idiot for not doing my research first! Thank you!
Some of the denoms have gone for more than $5/chip, such as the $1s and $5ks, and to some extent the $5s and $1ks and maybe the $500s. But things have slowed down considerably since putin, inflation etc.

$25s and $100s have been the easiest to acquire and have been more like $4 per at the most.

You may have overspent, but you did get yourself a really nice set, that’s for sure. Just have to make sure to enjoy them extra much

Ehhhh upon looking at the lot for sale, though the centers look less faded, the edges on the ones i overpaid for look cleaner… ahhh maybe i just need to bite the bullet and clean these up! Should i used a sonic cleaner? Is there a forum for cleaning and oiling?? Thank you, again!
They don’t seem like they need cleaning. If it’s the inlays you’re talking about, they seem discolored (maybe from sunlight) which isn’t going to clean off. But try cleaning one on your own, to see for sure.
Yes, there’s a maintenance forum here. Go read. FWIW, I think those chips are fine. They’re not perfect, but they’re poker chips made for tossing around a table - they shouldn’t be perfect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom