Launch day! Who's watching? (2 Viewers)

Does anybody play the Kerbel Space Program game? I've tried starting it a couple times but haven't had time to stick with it. Seems very cool though. I tried to get my son into it, but he quit and went back to the Switch.

Totally agree. I have paid close attention to SpaceX's progress for years and I care about spaceflight more than most. And I almost missed this somehow. Seems like a serious PR failure to me.

It's also possible that I've just been avoiding the news on purpose.
Yeah, I think you might be right. Network and cable news could have jumping up and down about this nonstop for weeks, and I would never have known....

as well as reports on what social media thinks. :rolleyes:

It is hysterical to me that a lot of “news” today is what some random person wrote on the internet. I give no f#*ks what “ilovedogs56813” or “rooooollltidegfyGA” thinks about something. I’ve read “articles” where the entire content is Twitter/youtube comments from people who took the time to make twitter/YouTube comments and argue a point with another stranger on the internet in the first place.....I want nothing to do with those people’s words. :D ;)

Back to space stuff; weather looking iffy. :(

Last edited:
weather looking iffy.
When the astronauts did their comms checks, they asked about the weather. Were told that the deciding weather was a system over Orlando that they were confident would break up. They seem pretty hopeful.

They are waiting on the weather, but it is expected that the weather will clear just in time.

Space Tesla ain't worried about no dumb tornado.

They got a lot scarier stuff in Florida than high winds.... just check any Walmart or liqour store.

woomp woomp

Better safe than sorry. Looking forward to Saturday, but I bet they wait until Sunday when the weather outlook is better.

Cheer up lads. This is better than any rocket launch....

F5842E11-C055-4B97-A845-2FD7BE08BE4E.jpeg

T-3:00 y’all. Bets on go no-go today? I’m betting they scrub again.
Tomorrow seems like a safer bet re: weather conditions, but they won't let today's window opportunity pass by without giving it a legitimate chance.

t-23min. Launch is currently a go! Coverage is also available on Hulu. I’m hoping for a safe and successful mission for all.

Would you rather visit the Apollo 11 historical site or be the first to see the lunar South Pole? I think I’m going with the Apollo 11 site.

Open the pod bay doors, HAL

Last edited:
t-23min. Launch is currently a go! Coverage is also available on Hulu. I’m hoping for a safe and successful mission for all.

Would you rather visit the Apollo 11 historical site or be the first to see the lunar South Pole? I think I’m going with the Apollo 11 site.
Landing site for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom