Late to the table (1 Viewer)

pokerfool

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello all, I've been playing in a casual monthly game with the same blokes for about 20 years now. We scraped our spare change together originally to get a set of Paulson starbursts, and I've decided to surprise the motley crew with some fresh(er) chips this year. Luckily I stumbled across this site tonight, and look forward to finding chips that need a new home. Thanks, and looking forward to some wheeling and dealing.

Heh, I'm hanging onto the Blaze Orange until something really catches my eye. Or maybe they're Tangerine. Or Colon Brown. Anyone got a good sampler reference?

Welcome!!! You are definitely in the right place for wheeling and dealing chips!!! Good luck to you hope you get to put an awesome set together for your buddies!!!!

-Brie

Welcome! Great timing, a lot of great chips in the classifieds!

I'll be interested to see how many sets you "accidentally" acquire over the next year!
Uhh yeah, that would be a potential issue. Is there a recovery forum set up yet?

Ok, one more message and I get vaulted into the 10-message ranking. Which is great, since rumor has it that suddenly I'll be able to buy chips, play the piano, and lose 30 pounds. Holding my breath.....

We mostly do home games, which I believe I've seen mentioned as degenerate, an apt label for my group. Five card Omaha is the main staple, along with other omaha variants. There are eight of us so that can throttle the seven card draws a bit, and we typically favor high/low split pots given the number of players. Nothing gripping, just more of an excuse to drink beer and socialize. Ok, maybe more like argue. At length. Occasionally interrupted with any new jokes someone managed to dredge up. I suppose poker is just a cover story.

We mostly do home games, which I believe I've seen mentioned as degenerate, an apt label for my group. Five card Omaha is the main staple, along with other omaha variants. There are eight of us so that can throttle the seven card draws a bit, and we typically favor high/low split pots given the number of players. Nothing gripping, just more of an excuse to drink beer and socialize. Ok, maybe more like argue. At length. Occasionally interrupted with any new jokes someone managed to dredge up. I suppose poker is just a cover story.

Great joke imo -

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom