Late session play with 55 (1 Viewer)

I felt like I knew this situation was coming from the beginning. This is the worst part of the game. Checking here will look weak, but betting may be just burning money. I think the best play is to check, see who bets how much, then evaluate the odds and decide whether a call here is +EV in the long run.

I guess it's opponent dependent, one could always use the bet-fold line here, get value out of two-pair that will call a bet, and give yourself an opportunity to dump your hand if someone shows they have the straight.

*** Finish ***

Hero bets $50, thinking seriously about bet-folding unless something strange happens, though the odds might suck Hero in. CO flicks in $50, Button gives a speech about Hero can't have a seven then tosses in his chips too.

Hero tables the set, both villains muck.

Woo Hoo indeed -=- DrStrange

PS Note that this might not have gone as painlessly the first hour. Crazy was leaning towards Hero doesn't have a seven (and poker logic would support that point of view). It was only one step further to decide to bluff raise but Crazy is tired and wants not to go broke again - - - so he calls rather than bluff and have Hero pick him off for another $100.

Wait. You threw us a curve ball Dr. Strange. We actually won a hand?

giphy.gif

Hero did end up +$500 for the session. He had to win sometime - it is there is not much strategy to raising AA big preflop and then c-bet jamming the flop with a SPR barely bigger than one (and spiking an ace to beat the two pair held by villain).

DrStrange

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom