Late Intro (1 Viewer)

TKEUofM

Flush
Reaction score
Hey everyone, realized I forgot my intro when I originally joined up. I've been active on the site since earlier this year and was formerly part of ChipTalk but hadn't been active for quite some time. CT helped me find my Paulson Classics set back in 2005 during the original sale to public. Recently converted the $10 to $0.25 with some Gear labels

I'm from the Ann Arbor Michigan area and have been hosting an 18-27 player monthly home game for the past 20 years. I recently picked up a new set of Rounders from CPC since it's one of my favorite movies. I am also building out a custom set from CPC which has gone through probably 50 variations already and I'm assuming there will be 50 more before I order.

Amazing to see all the variations chips here and the historical knowledge that members have about them.

Hope all is well with everyone, just wish this pandemic would be over so we can get back to "regular" poker.

chips.JPG
CPC Set.png

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

Welcome! I think your CPC combos may have issues with dirty stacks as there are a lot of repeating colors: yellow/blue on every chip.

Try mixing in some different colors so it doesn't all look the same. I would add more green, day blue, pink, and orange. You may also want to consider making one of the chips a white base to create a strong contrast against some of the darker chips.

Hey Ryan,

Welcome! I think your CPC combos may have issues with dirty stacks as there are a lot of repeating colors: yellow/blue on every chip.

Try mixing in some different colors so it doesn't all look the same. I would add more green, day blue, pink, and orange. You may also want to consider making one of the chips a white base to create a strong contrast against some of the darker chips.
Yeah Ryan, maybe some scarlet and gray will spruce those puppies up! ;) Only joking...I hate the Buckeyes.

Too much hesitation during that kindergarten spelling exercise for my taste. Plus any school that didn’t start playing football until October is now a basketball school as far as the rest of us are concerned. :p

Hey Ryan,

I wanted to keep the Maize and Blue theme for Michigan throughout. Cash games would be the quarters, $1s and $5s. Tourney would be the higher demons.

I wanted to keep the Maize and Blue theme for Michigan throughout. Cash games would be the quarters, $1s and $5s. Tourney would be the higher demons.

If you want to have a color theme that ties the whole set together then do that on the inlay. You could make an awesome blue/yellow Michigan themed inlay. Repeating the same colors over a set of chips isn't a good design choice. Just my 2c :)

Welcome and Go Blue!!!
I agree. The UM inlay ties them all together. Don’t worry about the maize or blue inlays.

Unless maybe a Big 10 colors set? green for MSU, red for OHIO, etc. with matching edge spots.

Welcome to the forum, happy you were able to find you way form the dead blue wall.

Those are 2 great sets you have already!

If you ever want to win with your eventual custom set, you will definitely need some Scarlet and Grey colors. Otherwise all those yellow and blue chips will fold your hand at the first sign of trouble! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Welcome and Go Blue!!!
I agree. The UM inlay ties them all together. Don’t worry about the maize or blue inlays.

Unless maybe a Big 10 colors set? green for MSU, red for OHIO, etc. with matching edge spots.
Not sure I could stomach having a Spartan or Buckeye chip in my collection. lol

@TKEUofM Don’t worry about him. He secretly still plays with dice chips and has other issues as demonstrated by his strange taste in colors.

one of the best $5 chips ever happens to be an Ohio State colored chip, coincidence, I think not. :cool

F956F38A-F4E1-4183-9680-4140B981E087.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom