Large Set Sales Question (1 Viewer)

QuiQuog

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I haven't been active here for some time. Hello again.
Several years ago I bought this set of chips and plaques from Courage. I've only used them once and think it's time to let them move on. The question I put to you is, what is the best way to sell large, kind of awkwardly numbered sets like this. It's 1,640 chips and 130 plaques. It was originally offered as the two separate sets as pictured, but I snapped up both sets. Would I be better to make some a couple of smaller sized sets like when I bought them, or sell as one big set?

Attachments

• 20160302_211701.jpg
    20160302_211701.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 256
  • 20160302_212301.jpg
    20160302_212301.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 258
Wow are these Bcc? Awesome looking sets. You could list the whole set first and see if there are any takers. Might be easier as two smaller sets though. Got some close up shots?

I've seen some folks list the whole set and give preference to anyone willing to buy it all, but also list subsets they'd be willing to sell in that listing.

I've seen some folks list the whole set and give preference to anyone willing to buy it all, but also list subsets they'd be willing to sell in that listing.
This. List the whole set price, and say that the whole set is available for 24hrs, and then offer a split price where you list the per rack price.

Me: It's time to stop buying stuff for a while, sell off what I don't want, and consolidate.
You guys: *lists great stuff*
Me: Dammit!

I think you should offer the chips as a single set first and then if they don't sell break into a couple sets.

And while that's happening you should quietly split off all the plaques and dealer buttons and just sell those all to me. :p
I love me some hotstamp solids...but I gotta say that those plaques are straight fire!

I'm liking the idea of keeping it all together if possible. Thank you all. Keep an eye out in the coming weeks for this set listing. Or whenever I get around to it. With new pictures, of course. I've noticed that people have been adding a photo that includes a handwritten note with the date and stuff lately. Is that a new thing we're doing for proof?

And while that's happening you should quietly split off all the plaques and dealer buttons and just sell those all to me. :p
I love me some hotstamp solids...but I gotta say that those plaques are straight fire!
The plaques are pretty nice if you like plaques. This set needs some I think, but maybe not as many as it has? If it doen't sell as a set, you may have your chance.

I would offer them for sale as 1 set to start, if you get no traction you can then revise the ad to split into 2 smaller sets.
Thats a very nice set for someone, are they leaded by chance?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom