For Sale Large BCC Riverboat V1 Tournament set (T Mold) REDUCED (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3betChet

Pair
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hello PCF,

I'm offering a tournament set of riverboats that I picked up from Ben a couple months ago. I have decided that rather than having a bunch of different sets, I'm just going to fill out my Paulson WTHC's and make it a cash/tournament combo set. I want to clarify the warping issue before you read the original sales post because, with all due respect to the member who sold these to me, I think it was a little under-represented originally.

These chips want to be flattened with the clamping/heat method. I would have to estimate that the majority of chips are moderately warped to the point that a stack of twenty wiggles and wobbles if you tap on the top edge of a stack. They don't stack like bricks, but they aren't slippery and the stacks sit fine at 20 tall. That being said, I've been successfully flattening paulsons using the Bessey LHS-10 clamp/ceramic blanks/oven method and I imagine these would flatten out nicely with that technique. If the buyer wanted to pay for some 43mm blanks (because the blanks i have are 39mm and these are 40mm chips), I would be happy to do a test run to make sure that they are able to be flattened this way before we close the deal.

That issue aside, I have to say these are a great set. They feel good, look good, and the breakdown is great. As long as either A.) you don't care about somewhat wobbly stacks, or B.) you are willing to spend some time flattening these guys out, this would be a great set for anyone who likes to hold tournaments!

I am offering the set for $690 for the 1060 V1's, much less than I paid, with an option to add the 50 T5k chips for an additional $100. Price is paypal F&F and includes priority shipping to the CONUS.

Hello PCFers,

Today I am offering for sale my BCC Riverboat V1 tournament set. This set is pretty unique in several ways - I'm going to tell the story of these chips here; those who already know it, feel free to skip ahead a few paragraphs. ;)

These chips were originally created by @MSPatton and imthatguy on CT and made by BCC for (intended) mass-market sale. They decided to use a new and experimental inlay lamination process that, theoretically, would eliminate the "slipperiness" associated with giant inlays. Unfortunately, some issues occurred in manufacturing and the project had to be scrapped after the initial 12,000-chip run. The mold and chip colors were later re-used on HPC's Mardi Gras V2 line (with vastly interior artwork, IMO - YMMV.) The "Riverboat" concept was then applied to the later Riverboat V2 line (quarter pies on the web mold.)

There are a number of unique aspects to these chips. I'll start with the BAD:

-Yes, they have giant inlays

-The process used resulted in some damage to the inlays. On most of the chips this manifests as a small "divot" somewhere on the inlay; however on many of the $100 chips there are very noticeable cracks across the inlay. All of this is UNDER the lamination and cannot be felt when handling the chip AT ALL - but it is visible. I think the cracks look kind of like lightning bolts, which is sort of cool. :)

-The process also resulted in a higher degree of warping when the chips were pressed. This is most pronounced on the $100 and $1000 chips; about 25-30% of those chips are noticeably warped. The $25s and $500s saw little to no warping.
I am told that there is a process using an oven and clamps by which one can un-warp these chips, but I have not attempted it.

-The $500 chips have a noticeably different feel to them than the rest - they are not warped, but are much more slippery and have a very noticeably different stack height (almost a full chip shorter.) The stacking heights of the rest of the chips are all within standard compression-clay tolerances.

Now, the GOOD: :)

-Cali-colored tournament set, on the rare and extremely awesome T-mold.

-The experimental lamination process worked in one important way: these chips handle awesomely, and do NOT have the slipperiness generally associated with giant inlays (with the exception of the $500s) - despite the warping, they stack like bricks and handle like champs.

-This set is one-of-a-kind; the run included only 12,000 chips, covering 12 different denoms. Of those 12 denoms, the $500 chips are by far the rarest - there are believed to be somewhere around ~250 of them in existence, and 130 of those are in this set. The $1000s are also very rare, though not quite as rare. You will NOT find another playable tournament set of these with $500s, anywhere in the world. However if you wish to expand the set, you can do so with chips from the Mardi Gras V2 line (different artwork, but same colors.)

-The price of this set is much lower than it would be if it did not have the above-mentioned issues; this is your chance to own a premium (in many ways) and unique tournament set at a not-so-premium price - if your OCD can handle it. ;)

Here is what is for sale:

Original Riverboat V1 chips, 1060 total, with plenty to cover a 30+ player T10,000 tournament with 8/13/3/7 starting stacks and color-ups.) Chips have been used 15-ish times in home games; no noticeable wear.

300x $25
410x $100
130x $500
220x $1000

I ALSO have 50x Riverboat V2 (web mold) $5000 chips that I have added to the set, as there is no original $5k chip or plaque. These are NOT included in the set description and price above, but the purchaser of the set will have first dibs on these at an additional $100. They are not a perfect match (different mold, inlay size, and similar colors to some of the other chips) and can easily be sold separately so that is completely up to the buyer. They will NOT be sold unless and until the big set sells.

Any questions, just let me know. Pron? :D
img_1047-jpg.62335
img_1048-jpg.62336
img_1049-jpg.62337
img_1050-jpg.62338
img_1051-jpg.62339
img_1052-jpg.62340
img_1053-jpg.62341
img_1054-jpg.62342
img_1055-jpg.62343
img_1056-jpg.62344
img_1057-jpg.62345
img_1059-jpg.62346

Last edited:
2 or 3 way split anyone? I only host one table tourneys!! Here is me hoping :D

Also willing to split it this way:

(3) sets of:

100x T25
133x T100
41x T500
73x T1000
16x T5K

which should support some decent T10k action for 10 players. If one person wants a small set and the other wants a double set it could work like that also. These sets would cost (875+100)/(3)= $325 + split actual shipping with buyer.

Now I am pretty interested in the 1/3rd split.

Before I commit, could someone link me to the post that shows how to fix the warping? I want to read it over :D

So I am guessing the idea is that I would say I'm down for a third and then we would need someone else to cover the last two thirds. Well one or two people. Or someone take the whole lot.

Now entertaining a two way split: $440 for:

150: 25's
205: 100's
115: 500's
110: 1k's

With a $50 add on for 25 T5K

Mike has one side, any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom