Laptop's for School work at Home Recomendations... (1 Viewer)

RussB42

Flush
Reaction score
We have 8th and 9th Grade Boys we have decided to keep at home, at least for awhile this year.

What fairly inexpensive Laptop's is best for them.

Thanks

The school system here supplies each kid with a chromebook. They don't need anything besides a browser for the most part. YMMV.

My kid's school has everything online also (office 365 online etc) so I just bought my daughter a chromebook (6th grade) and it works fine. I picked one up for $80 on Amazon but it seems that prices have jumped recently - maybe because everyone if buying them for their kids!

Yep, both my kids use Chromebooks. We bought one for my son, then we had to buy him a new one directly from the school for 6th grade, so his little sister got his old one (and she was actually very excited and not mad to get a hand-me-down).

Oh and a bit of advice - they'll need a google account to be set up but don't put their real date of birth in if they're very young. I did that for my daughter and her teacher was asking her to watch YouTube videos and it won't let her because she's under 13 so only has access to YouTube kids. If I recall, it also didn't let her add Zoom to her browser. So I had to set up anther account with a fake age.

The Google Family Link app is handy for parental controls and monitoring. I finally had to add a limit to my daughter's account because she was playing Roblox 18 hours a day. :confused

I just started researching chromebooks for my 3rd and 5th graders. Open to any recommendations for ones under $300.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom