Langley Poker League

grantc54

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd post a thread for updates as I am hosting regular games.

I have a regular game in Langley, BC, most are at our indoor smoking location (player limiting), but some are at no smoking locations.

At present there are three tournament sets and one cash game set we play with.

Tournament includes custom labeled Tragivally Hip set, a Jack set, and a Roadhouse 43mm set.

Current forum regular includes @Jeevansluck

grantc54

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pumped for the next game Nov 9th, it'll be 6 weeks since I last hosted a game (eternity for me).

I am trying a few things out for this tournament. $10 progressive bounty and adding a 10% bonus to those that addon vs rebuy.

Starting stack with 4 x $2.50 chips for bounties.
20191104_162830.jpg

grantc54

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good for 2 tables tomorrow night, 2nd game with the Roadhouse 43mm, I'll make sure to take some pics.

This is the 4th regular season game with 2 tables which is great for this group. Last season the only multi-table game was the year end.

grantc54

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The next game is Friday, Dev 20th. It is the 6th year I've run this game, I picked it up from 2+2 and expect the ceramic chips came from someone on this forum.

My record for $5 rebuys in this game is 22 I think (that's just me). Its really a fun/crazy game until the rebuy period is done. A lot of twists.

Xmas Poker Game*

Date: Friday December 20th
Time: 7 pm

Buy-in: $20 - 200,000 Chips
Re-buy: $5 - 200,000 Chips - Unlimited - Available for the first 2.5 hours of play, must bust to rebuy.
Add-on: $15 - 3X Starting stack - 600,000 Chips (single add-on at the end of rebuy period)

BONUS chips
Advance RSVP (by Dec 26th) 10% Chip Bonus
On-time bonus 10% Chip Bonus
Per Can for Food Bank 10% Chip Bonus - up to 3 cans for 30%!!
That is a total possible bonus of 50%!

There is a Bag of Presents at every table, and Santa’s coming! If you table your hand at showdown and it contains an A of Spades or 2 of Hearts, you must pull one chip at random from the Bag of Presents.

Contents of each Bag of Presents

Tourney Chips (3x of each): 500 chip (worth 20,000), 1000 chip (worth 40,000), 5000 chip. (worth 200,000)

Special Chips (3x of each):

Merry Christmas - May exchange for one free rebuy when busto.

Secret Santa - The Spirit of Christmas moves you! You are all-in blind on the next hand..
Gift Exchange - Immediately exchange all of your chips, including special ones, with the player on your left.

Christmas in Omaha - During your action or at showdown, you may trade in this chip for two extra hole cards. Use any combination of the board and your four cards to make the best hand.

Bah Humbug! - Keep this chip until you win a pot or bust. While you have this chip, you are only dealt one hole card.

Company’s Coming! - Trade places with a player at a different table (same if only one table left). Take your chips with you.

I Think I Saw Santa - This chip may be played at any time. At random expose one hole card of every opponent left in the hand.

toynoob

Full House
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Grant nice thread. Interested in your PB tourny. Did your players have concerns understanding how it's played? Mine is setup for the 11th of jan. Just curious if you changed or would change anything to make it smooth for new players who never been in a PBT.

grantc54

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Grant nice thread. Interested in your PB tourny. Did your players have concerns understanding how it's played? Mine is setup for the 11th of jan. Just curious if you changed or would change anything to make it smooth for new players who never been in a PBT.
Once I explained it everyone got it. I did make a point of explaining it to friends I saw in advance in the lead up to the game.

What I found worked best was to put the bounty money in a bowl and made change to the lowest possible payout for the initial payouts. Then I paid out the half they kept as soon as the bust out occurred. When I had people pocket those chips a lot ended up forgotten and had to be paid out later.

There were some nice bounty payouts when it got to the last few people. People seemed to like it.

grantc54

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back to the low denoms for this tourney.

20191218_110728.jpg

I am pretty sure it was someone on this forum who designed the Christmas ceramic chips. Unfortunately they are at the game location, I will post up pics Friday.

grantc54

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it was someone on this forum who designed the Christmas ceramic chips. Unfortunately they are at the game location, I will post up pics Friday.
I checked, we use the ceramic chips made by @Schmendr1ck that I purchased on 2+2 back in 2014. This must be our 5th year of the tournament.

Schmendr1ck

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked, we use the ceramic chips made by @Schmendr1ck that I purchased on 2+2 back in 2014. This must be our 5th year of the tournament.
These?

IMG_20191218_142958.jpg

I completely forgot that some of these were out in the wild. I had them done during one of PGI's sales where they put the images on chips with random edges, and I'd intended to redo them properly at some point but never did.

We also play this game annually, this year's event was last week. I was in for $35, out in third for $45 and yet again won the coveted Most Rebuys award.

grantc54

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These?

View attachment 381641

I completely forgot that some of these were out in the wild. I had them done during one of PGI's sales where they put the images on chips with random edges, and I'd intended to redo them properly at some point but never did.

We also play this game annually, this year's event was last week. I was in for $35, out in third for $45 and yet again won the coveted Most Rebuys award.
Yes, those are the chips. I have enough for 2 tables.
Since I run a full evening game (as opposed turbo), I had to get creative with buyins/rebuys/addons to make the payouts big enough to warrant a full night of play. I therefore do $20 buyin, $5 rebuys and $15 addons. My personal record is ~22 rebuys.

grantc54

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pumped for this game. Starting out with a small cash game with the Ameristar $0.25, and Jack's $1, $5s and higher.

Getting a ride to the game with @jeevasluck as this is my heavy drinking game (how else will I top my rebuy record?!?!). Rum, scotch and beer. YUM

Top Bottom