Laminated labels on RHC Paulsons (1 Viewer)

fish72s

Flush
Reaction score
I have been thinking about re-labeling my Fish&Donkey set.
The current labels are non-laminated on RHC (Terribles') Paulsons.
There seems to be enough recess for a laminated label but I'm not sure. Looks to be close.

Has anyone ever put a laminated label on a RHC chip?
Is there an recess left over or is it flat with the chip?

I have been thinking about re-labeling my Fish&Donkey set.
The current labels are non-laminated on RHC (Terribles') Paulsons.
There seems to be enough recess for a laminated label but I'm not sure. Looks to be close.

Has anyone ever put a laminated label on a RHC chip?
Is there an recess left over or is it flat with the chip?

Typically there's not enough space to use a laminated label.

I have a bunch of extra laminated labels. If you want me to send you some to test them out, shoot me a PM.

You're going to get spinners. I wouldn't recommend laminated on RHC or THC either for that matter.

The only way to do a laminated label is to perform a full inlay replacement. That is, tear out the existing inlay, and put the laminated sticker in its place. Gear offers this service if you're nervous about ruining chips.

Ask @Gear for help. He will make it right for you and provide the best suggestions.

Good luck. :)

What about wear on non laminated? Will shuffling or wet fingers damage them easily?

In short, no. Shuffling may produce signs of wear after a while, but that's at least partly true for any & all chips. The inks and vinyl base are both waterproof once dry. (The adhesive too, but I still wouldn't soak labelled chips for hours.)

Unlaminated labels are reasonably sturdy as long as you and your players aren't abusing them. I mean, you can scratch the labels if you try hard enough, but you can also scratch any chip if you try hard enough. Comparatively speaking, laminated labels are essentially indestructible, at least in terms of the printed part. You might do some damage to the laminate, but you'd pretty much have to destroy the label to get to the ink.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the advice everyone.
I'm pretty sure its not going to work but I'm taking Bentax up on his offer and I'll post
some results when done.

In short, no. Shuffling may produce signs of wear after a while, but that's at least partly true for any & all chips. The inks and vinyl base are both waterproof once dry. (The adhesive too, but I still wouldn't soak labelled chips for hours.)

Unlaminated labels are reasonably sturdy as long as you and your players aren't abusing them. I mean, you can scratch the labels if you try hard enough, but you can also scratch any chip if you try hard enough. Comparatively speaking, laminated labels are essentially indestructible, at least in terms of the printed part. You might do some damage to the laminate, but you'd pretty much have to destroy the label to get to the ink.

Hope that helps!

Yes it does. I probably should have just PMed you that question. My apologies.
I plan on labeling a few hundred for some cincy 25c one of these days.

I got some sample laminated labels over a week ago. (Thanks @bentax1978 ). I'm just now getting around to posting the results.

Its actually really-realy close. You can rub your finger along the chip and not tell that the recess is gone. They feel perfectly flat.
And in a stack visibly its hard to notice.
But as @justsomedude pointed out, there are a few spinners that make all the difference. I took a pic and video to show.

20170720_140239.jpg

Well I can't upload the video for some reason. I'll spend a few cycles trying to figure this out but if I don't, then
just imagine a short video of a stack of wobbling paulsons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom