Lakeshore Tribute (1 Viewer)

A:

Lake500A.png

B:
Lake500B.png

C:
Lake500C.png

These all work to me. Either Lavender or Retro Lavender. Any of the greens/yellows all work to me.

Here is an absolutely horrible lighting picture of a dayglo yellow with pink & blurple spots chip, a canary with retro lavender & purple spots chip, and each of the yellows CPC offers. After going through all the samples, I found canary with retro lavender & purple spots the best match.

CPC_Yellows.jpg

Mold would need to be something that could be stamped so that excludes a few off the bat. Crowns mostly.

I really dislike the A/B/H Mold so just skipping that. Anything with Dice is just out. Same with Horses and Elephants. No to the scrolls, just not for this.

CSQ and Diamond Square could work, as could hour glass.

I've got a sample set of random colors/spots for CSQ but not diamond square or hour glass. It's interesting how the mold changes the colors a bit when they aren't A mold.

Got some clarity around what can and can not be hot-stamped so it sounds like CIRCLE SQUARE is really the only mold that would be viable.

Got some clarity around what can and can not be hot-stamped so it sounds like CIRCLE SQUARE is really the only mold that would be viable.
Just an FYI, @AK Chip can still stamp those if you get them blank from CPC, and has had good results with some diasqr chips in the past. I'm not sure about hourglass, but I know he can do Diasqr, and it might not be a significant price difference because the dies from the place he buys them from are only about $50/die.

Edit: Also, what about jockey mold? You didn't rule it out in your post about molds, and it does look and feel pretty similar to the THC mold.

Just an FYI, @AK Chip can still stamp those if you get them blank from CPC, and has had good results with some diasqr chips in the past. I'm not sure about hourglass, but I know he can do Diasqr, and it might not be a significant price difference because the dies from the place he buys them from are only about $50/die.

Edit: Also, what about jockey mold? You didn't rule it out in your post about molds, and it does look and feel pretty similar to the THC mold.
I think I lean CSQ anyways just due to feel, inlay size and the outer rim but good to know.

It would be interested to see if they could use a Fractional Stock die for these just copying with the fonts being different which would be fine.

I'll be honest, I'd never looked taken a good look at the jockey mold. It's hard to determine it's a jockey tbh, but it does have a good feel and I like the inner and other ring.

Also don't forget that chips look different when in play. You aren't always looking at the chip faces under a microscope and examining them in photos. If the jockey mold feels great to you, fire it up man. I went with the A(merican) mold because I loved the feel the best out of the options. On the table, in play, you hardly even notice the "A" in the mold, esp. if you are using spots. What you do notice is the bold "dashes" in the mold and the inner and outer rings. Just something to keep in mind.

I think with the size of the spots and certain colors that are just not available there is only so far this can go. I think I learned a lot here and appreciate all of the insight, particularly around the molds which I'd not given a lot of thought to.

I was working on this to see if I could create a reasonable set that wasn't running $5+ a chip like was claimed in other threads and was just using the Lakeshores as a jumping off point. I'll create another thread soon with a continuation of the same concept without using the lakeshores as a target.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom