Lakeshore Tribute (1 Viewer)

JustDave

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
3D14 is as close are you can get to the edge spots using CPCs. Apparently with the way they do edge spots a fatter spot wouldn't leave enough material between the edge spots for chip stability or something.

LakeTrib.png

Green Solid: $0.05
Red Solid: $0.25
Blue: $1.00
Yellow: $5.00
Brown: $20.00
White: $100.00
Purple: $500.00

If someone can check my math on this and let me know if I'm missing something fee wise:
-The two hotstamps are $1.20 a chip without the die setup fees.
-The $1s are the cheapest edge spotted at $2.50 a chip and the $100s are the most expensive at $3.24 with the difference between levels being shaped inlay costs and dayglo bases or not.

Feedback appreciated it.

Last time I checked on CPC hot stamping the price was nuts. Overall looks pretty cool though!

CSQ Solids are $1.04 a chip, $0.00 for custom stamps, $0.16 for the stamping. First color has a $28 die setup charge, subsequent colors are $12.

So to get 220 chips hotstamped is $304.

Assuming I'm reading this correctly.

I'd go with Canary or maybe DG yellow (DG saturn is a terrible sickly green in person) base on the $5 with retro lavender and blurple edgespots. Also I feel like this set deserves a brighter $100 chip to fit the general feel.

I'd go with Canary or maybe DG yellow (DG saturn is a terrible sickly green in person) base on the $5 with retro lavender and blurple edgespots. Also I feel like this set deserves a brighter $100 chip to fit the general feel.
Yeah, was running through a bunch of different white with bright color combos.

LakeTrib2.png

Dayglo Yellow or Canary, need to pull out my color samples tomorrow.

Go back and forth on retro lavender vs lavender for the 500.

Retro > standard.....

But be aware there won't be any flake in it, and it'll lead to a lighter chip.
tomorrow in the light I'll break out my color set, this was just something I was throwing together to see how expensive a relatively simple but well regarded/popular set cloned into CPC would cost and it's like ~2.50 a chip give or take.

Not saying it's something I'd order, but I kinda dig it.

Thanks. It really is a nasty color.

Curious as if i'm not mistaken you made a lakeshore $100 at some point, was that just getting some art made and having gear produce a label? Any kind of guidance for having a label/inlay made from a now defunct establishment?

Also, can like people just clone the Lakeshore hotstamp if they wanted to? Is it a seperate die for the outside(which would be custom) and a seperate die for the denomination(which is standard) or are they two complete custom dies?

Thanks. It really is a nasty color.

Curious as if i'm not mistaken you made a lakeshore $100 at some point, was that just getting some art made and having gear produce a label? Any kind of guidance for having a label/inlay made from a now defunct establishment?

Also, can like people just clone the Lakeshore hotstamp if they wanted to? Is it a seperate die for the outside(which would be custom) and a seperate die for the denomination(which is standard) or are they two complete custom dies?
My thoughts - I believe if you want to hotstamp two or more denominations, you’d have to get a die made with each denomination and logo, or you can go the more economical route of denomination on one side and logo on the other side. That way you’d only have to buy one logo die, as lots of hot stampers offer/already have generic denomination dies.

I don’t think anyone would want to do some sort of double stamp with two different dies. Alignment would be a nightmare.

Gear made the inlays for the Lakeshore $100s. He did the artwork and the printing both.

@Windwalker IIRC you did a bunch of mock ups of actual Lakeshores with fat spots using GPI colors. Any thoughts on the CPC tributes?

Also, when you did the fracs did you just isolate the stamp and copy it on to different colors?

The frac should be light green if you're looking for the closest match to the lakeshores fracs

LakeFrac.png

Light green photographs fine, but in person it's just kinda an ugly color. I think maybe the brass to give it weight, but it looks very unappealing. Retro Green is a nice color, but very 'forest green'. I think just Green itself works better even if it isn't the light green that would be more true to form.

Retro red is the seemingly obvious choice as a red.

Lake1.png

Tiger, Tiger burning bright, in the forest of the night...

Lake5.png

Yellow is very mustardy in person, almost leaning golden. Canary is a muddier color than the yellow you'd get from GPI. I pulled some other samples I have from CPC with all different kinds of spots and I think Yellow works better with spots but I'm not married to it.

Lake20.png

My phone applied some kind of blue filter here, but this seems relatively simple.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom