Lady Luck color bleed. (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I’ve had a short stack of whites and pinks I’ve been shuffling for a few days. Though to say for sure, but I’d say they probably have something like 2 hours of nonstop shuffling on them.
1DBCD328-B59A-4326-86EA-E2286450E559.jpeg

I’ve had a short stack of whites and pinks I’ve been shuffling for a few days. Though to say for sure, but I’d say they probably have something like 2 hours of nonstop shuffling on them.
View attachment 431259

Doesn't this happen to some degree to all paulsons? Depending on the colors. Maybe washing/oiling then prior to first use would help?

Doesn't this happen to some degree to all paulsons? Depending on the colors. Maybe washing/oiling then prior to first use would help?
Yeah it totally does. This isn’t a warning or anything, just an example. I think it’s just more noticeable with minty white chips. I remember noticing it on the Terribles singles with the white the white baseband the brown and green spots.
I don’t know if oiling would help. Maybe?

Just like not touching you face & washing your hands for covid-19, prevent the spread of color by not shuffling chips. :cautious:

If you have to shuffle chips, don't mix colors. Just shuffle individual stacks of the same color.

Just like not touching you face & washing your hands for covid-19, prevent the spread of color by not shuffling chips. :cautious:

If you have to shuffle chips, don't mix colors. Just shuffle individual stacks of the same color.
Yeah but the dark brown spots on these chips are gonna make the white look filthy, even if there aren't any other colors mixed in. I'm pretty sure this color transfer will wash right off.

White chips with big dark brown edge spots will bleed even if you shuffle just that denom.

And I would never not shuffle

I'm pretty sure this color transfer will wash right off with some detergent and vigorous rubbing.
FYP. A quick rinse won't work -- the non-native color clay material is imbedded into the chip.

Shuffling wears down chip surfaces due to friction literally rubbing the surface away -- it is essentially destroying the chip one fancy swipe at a time.

And yes, properly oiled chips exhibit less wear during shuffling (or any other type of normal play). But the only way for shuffled chips to not visibly show color transfer of some type is to only shuffle solids (which are the best choice for dedicated shuffle stacks).

Yeah but those hats look great! :D

For at least 1 more shuffle session maybe...and then...flea bites for everyone.

Yeah but those hats look great! :D
For at least 1 more shuffle session maybe...and then...flea bites for everyone.
As a loud RHC basher, I totally deserve that. But mint RHCs aren’t bad, so when a set with fracs is available for reasonable money - why not.

• Haha
Reactions: 72o
Whatever happened to those chips is due to their being RHC or to the barbarous habit of "shuffling"? :D
Would THCs or CPCs have escaped that result?

Whatever happened to those chips is due to their being RHC or to the barbarous habit of "shuffling"? :D
Would THCs or CPCs have escaped that result?
No. I’m cool with blaming most of the worlds problems on the RHC mold, but color transfer doesn’t discriminate.

Because for every 100 chips you buy, you could have purchased 40 mint THC chips instead. :unsure:
But honestly, if you own any unleaded THCs (and that includes the boat chips and their progeny) I don’t want to hear it. I can’t argue with the best, but I sure as hell can argue with everything else.

I don't get it. What am I supposed to see in that picture? They just look like ordinary, dirty chips.
They didn’t get dirty from dirt. All the dirtiness is actually the brown clay from the edge spots running off onto the white clay, from shuffling.

Uhhg. Just got here. Kind of freaking out now. Not to derail but is this an issue for CPC where dark colors are used with bright white chips? I asked a few earlier and they said no but....

Uhhg. Just got here. Kind of freaking out now. Not to derail but is this an issue for CPC where dark colors are used with bright white chips? I asked a few earlier and they said no but....
No issues, but I don't do unnatural and anomalous things to them.:)
Bright white 6D18 w Maroon and Light Blue.
Don't know about the future, with accumulated use (I was awfully serious in the CPC cleaning thread).

I think it’s far less. I don’t have enough experience with CPCs, so hopefully somebody else with chime in. But my sense is that CPC clay is harder, so it doesn’t rub off as easily.

No issues, but I don't do unnatural and anomalous things to them.:)
Bright white 6D18 w Maroon and Light Blue.
Don't know about the future, with accumulated use (I was awfully serious in the CPC cleaning thread).
You’ve criticized shuffling a couple of times now, but you have to realize that poker player shuffle their chips. It’s normal behavior. I’ve read a couple of guys here who say they have house rules that say “no shuffling.” THAT is unnatural.

You’ve criticized shuffling a couple of times now, but you have to realize that poker player shuffle their chips. It’s normal behavior. I’ve read a couple of guys here who say they have house rules that say “no shuffling.” THAT is unnatural.
Well, I 'm partly kidding, partly not. It depends on the shuffling definition, which can vary a lot.

Well, I 'm partly kidding, partly not. It depends on the shuffling definition, which can vary a lot.
My attitude has always been that if you’re gonna stress and worry about damage to your chips, you shouldn’t put them in play:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom