Lableing "OLD" Small Key Hot Stamped Chips (1 Viewer)

RussB42

Flush
Reaction score
What type of Label Design should I use on a Nice Set of Like New Old Small Key Chips. I got these some time ago and finally thinking about going ahead and doing a Label for them.

I have done many labeled sets in the past , but need something to go with these chips.

Thanks

Attachments

• FLORRIE AND ED W-G, 8-29-14 008.JPG
    FLORRIE AND ED W-G, 8-29-14 008.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 147
  • FLORRIE AND ED W-G, 8-29-14 007.JPG
    FLORRIE AND ED W-G, 8-29-14 007.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 165
  • FLORRIE AND ED W-G, 8-29-14 006.JPG
    FLORRIE AND ED W-G, 8-29-14 006.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 150
I think you asked this same question a couple months ago, but I think these are very cool as they sit. Obviously they are yours and you can do whatever you want with them, but I bet they were made for a bar or something. I would not cover up what is probably a cool piece of history.

You could even add on to the set with some of those hot stamp small key white Sahara $1's that Spinetti's sells brand new for like $60 per rack. They would go pretty well! Of course I also seem to remember you saying you never put any of your sets in to play, so why add on?

My opinion don't mean much here but to me a label would not do these any justice. Anyway, nice set and great overall collection you have sir.

I'm going to go the other way. Those hotstamps are truly fugly and are crying out for labels. The colors kind of remind me of the chips in Maverick. Maybe an old time riverboat gambler theme? Whatever you come up with will be great, Russ, and we must see pr0n when you are finished.

Those chips look great Russ!

I can totally see where Mike32 is coming from though as I also love some of those old looking chips... But I also understand if you're gonna put those in play you'd rather have a differ 'theme' if you will... To me, the most important aspect of those chips is the mold and the colors not necessarily the HS... Are the HS flat enough that you could put labels directly on top of them or you'd have to resurface the chips?

I think those 'small keys' would go well with a very old school label, like black and white, or black and white with red denoms, etc... I'm thinking in the vain of Mapes, or Stardust (not Mansion) vibe, more like a rough drawing... A shaped label would look good as well...

I don't remember having seem many playable small key sets around...

Whether you keep them like that or relabel them, it will be a great set regardless!

What type of Label Design should I use on a Nice Set of Like New Old Small Key Chips. I got these some time ago and finally thinking about going ahead and doing a Label for them.

I have done many labeled sets in the past , but need something to go with these chips.

Thanks

Or a Harry-Potter themed set?

Could also do something Narnia-themed, out of C. S. Lewis...

Sorry, just running with the colors and the train of thought.

(I'm actually thinking of a set, now, based on the old version of the game Clue, but it would need a lot more denoms.)

I think those 'small keys' would go well with a very old school label, like black and white, or black and white with red denoms, etc... I'm thinking in the vain of Mapes, or Stardust (not Mansion) vibe

I like this idea a lot, Russ.

Thanks Everyone..

I forgot, that I did do a Post a few Months ago about these chips.

I know that I really shouldn't label these and will give it some more thought as there isn't really a good reason to do it.

Your right, I don't play hardly at all anymore, and just shuffle some chips while playing online and haven't done anything with these since I got them.

I think, I'll just consider listing them, so someone else can enjoy them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom