labeling Paulson Private Cardroom and Avalon hotstamps (1 Viewer)

bigfruits

Pair
Reaction score
Hello,

Is there anything special that i would need to do to the Paulson hotstamped chips besides cleaning prior to adding a label?

Thanks in advance,

-Z

thanks, just wanted to make sure i can slap the label right on top.

rest easy, not even half my PC and Avalon chips will be affected. :)

thinking of doing an 8 player NLHE micro cash set for .10/.20 and .50/.50 blinds:

.10 = PC ND gray
.50 = PC $500 pink
2.00 = PC $1 blue
10.00 = PC $1000 yellow
50.00 = Avalon ND black

something different. adds 4 denominations that i do not own in any set (thats my excuse for the project).

Also depends on the hotstamp, part 2. If they are very flat and smooth, that's fine, but if there are ridges or lumps, those will show through any label thin enough to fit in the inlay area.

Highly advise scraping hot-stamps smooth to remove any ridges that might show through the thin label.

Also highly advise getting label samples to 1) help make your label decision easier, and 2) determine which style/thickness label actually works best for the target chips. I found that I needed to get three or four different label types (thickness, diameter, and type) for my project, to best fit the actual chips that are to be labeled.

Gear has a great label sample package at a great price. Wonderful stuff.

Absolutely. After you've cleaned them, throw out the labels and leave these beauties in their original glorious condition :)

This!!!

But if you must...

Highly advise scraping hot-stamps smooth to remove any ridges that might show through the thin label.

Also highly advise getting label samples to 1) help make your label decision easier, and 2) determine which style/thickness label actually works best for the target chips. I found that I needed to get three or four different label types (thickness, diameter, and type) for my project, to best fit the actual chips that are to be labeled.

This. The PCRs I've had were all scraped pretty well, but you'll want to hit them a bit again just to make sure. There's not much of a recess so you'll need a thin label, and the ridges will be visible if the stamp has a few raised burrs.

thanks, guys!

can you tell me of a good method for scraping or point me in the right direction?

I have an extra 5 of the black ND Avalon and an extra 7 gray ND Private Cardroom to experiment with. I will practice scraping and test out samples from Gear on these.

i made it a long time ago..Even with the stamp erase that was not good..inlay wasn t enough flat.
So i remover solution to erase the stamp and to flatten the inlay...It take me a lot of time but the result was goog enough
url

Honestly, I think that labeling them might not be so bad, but it would be a shame to scrape down and deface the Private Cardroom or Avalon chips. There won't be any more made ever again, and the value of them will only go up. Good for those that don't plan on ruining the hotstamps though since it will reduce the available pool and increase the value even more I suppose.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom