Labeling ASM Chips | No inlay (1 Viewer)

Good_Barba

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have a set of 400 ASM H-mold chips with no inlay. At the time I could not afford ASM labeled chips but now I want to label them (I'm considering turning to Gear Labels). However, I'm afraid there may be some «feeling issues» or some «stacking issues».

So, I turn to you, chippers of the world! Does anyone have a bit of advice for me? Is it wise to label them?

I also ask if anyone knows a company in Europe that provides this type of service. Orders from the United States are subject to customs fees and it would be nice if I could avoid that extra expense.

fichas 007.jpgfichas 018.jpg

Hi guys!

I have a set of 400 ASM H-mold chips with no inlay. At the time I could not afford ASM labeled chips but now I want to label them (I'm considering turning to Gear Labels). However, I'm afraid there may be some «feeling issues» or some «stacking issues».

So, I turn to you, chippers of the world! Does anyone have a bit of advice for me? Is it wise to label them?

I also ask if anyone knows a company in Europe that provides this type of service. Orders from the United States are subject to customs fees and it would be nice if I could avoid that extra expense.

View attachment 897921View attachment 897923
There is no recess in the middle? That’s a problem for any label.
Basically, the center of the chip is virtually the same height as the edge, so anything placed on the face will sit above. Stacking chips would mean labels touching and not much else.

I recommend these be milled so the label can sit below the surface. Or, have them hotstamped.

H Molds have no recess, putting a label on there will mean you get slippery stacks of “spinner chips”, the labels will wear very quickly from contact with each other and they’ll look really sloppy.

Your best bet is to either have somebody like @Josh Kifer mill a recess for labels, setup a drill press to mill them yourself, or look into getting them hotstamped.

There's another option...I've had success using a rubber stamp from hobby store and permanent ink pad.
Sorry if It sound offensive, but will it not look cheap; rubber stamp with ink on Clay chip?

I seem a few picture that does that on dice chips and some even worse used sticker like label on dice chip

Hotstamped will be the best option for OP but I not sure there any HS service in Europe? Which will be a concern for the Op due to extra shipping cost

A million times this! These'd be gorgeous with a hotstamp. No clue what those cost of hotstamping is like, but by the time you account for milling costs and ger labels, it can't be that much more
+1! These look like they were made for hot stamps

Sorry if It sound offensive, but will it not look cheap; rubber stamp with ink on Clay chip?

I seem a few picture that does that on dice chips and some even worse used sticker like label on dice chip

Hotstamped will be the best option for OP but I not sure there any HS service in Europe? Which will be a concern for the Op due to extra shipping cost
Like anything, not if it's done correctly.
I've seen plenty of hot stamped chips that look like they were done my kindergartners.

There are no milling/hotstamping services in Europe AFAIK. I don’t like labeling clay chips, because they just won’t be the same as chips with pressed inlays. Not sure how well an ink stamp would last, as there really isn’t any recess on the H-molds. Laser engraving would work, but the result might not be smooth because of the metal flakes. Hotstamps would look great, but the chips will likely need to be scraped (again due to no recess), either by you or the service provider.

In the end I don’t think any of these methods would be very cost effective for you. I would consider just getting a new set from CPC as chips like these are still available, and possibly selling your old set to cover some of the costs.

Thank you all for replying so promptly.

When I bought these chips I knew very little about denominations, breakdowns, labeling, milling, etc. At the time I owned a set of «dice» chips and I just wanted a nicer set. If it was today I would have upgraded in a totally different way.

It seems there are no milling/hotstamping services in Europe and sending the chips to the USA for a «beauty treatment» is not an option. It would cost me too much.

So, it seems I basically have two options: to use them as they are or to sell them. I will buy a tournament set soon, maybe I'll keep these for cash-game sessions.

Thank you all once again.

Either Mill them and get inlays, which would be a pretty penny, or Hot Stamp a custom design. I love the look of Hot Stamps and its probably your best route! Good Luck!

Those are some nice old-school colors. A well-designed hot-stamp on those would look spectacular!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom