Label design creation basics? (1 Viewer)

Scubasteve2002

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hey Gents, i spent a few hours browing the forum and looking for the basics on what the label design/creation process is like? I know the label vendors, but one thing i keep getting lost in is how to design the labels so that i can submit it to them. Is there a particular app or software the designers on here use? I am working on a few projects; the current one being on the Apache Royals (2000 chips). I got the chips prepped, got the label maker deal in place, now i jist to design the label. I know there are designers on here, whats the approx cost for 4 designs for one set of chips? More importantly, i'd like to work on them myself along with my bros; so if anyone can point me in the right dorection in terms of apps or design software templates, i'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Adobe Illustrator is probably easiest to work with in context of submitting files to other designers and manufacturers to worth with.

Other than that, make sure you have easy to read denominations. Check legibility by printing out label/inlay at scale and holding at arms length.

Don't try to crowd the space with too many elements at once. It is ok to have different pieces of art on each side of a chip.

If doing a ceramic, make rolling edge art.

^^^^ this 100 times over.

More often than not, less is more in a design. Keep it clean and simple and it'll look and work better on a chip.

Lots of test prints in the design phase never hurt. I made close to 100 test prints on my last custom design and am still using those scraps as note paper over a year later. They are fun reminders of the design process, but also help reinforce why I did what I did at the end.

Good luck with the process. It's a labor of love and is always nice when the chips are finally in hand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom