Label Adventure of 18 years. (1 Viewer)

megabit

Pair
Reaction score
Way back in 2004 I started playing poker. Soon I wanted to have some home games. I found a website called ChipTalk and geeked out on poker chips. My budget didn't really allow for a full custom set. So I ended up with a cash game set of Lucky Bees and Tournament set of Super Diamonds. I bought a box of labels and used Corel Draw to design some inlays.

1665970214845.png

Over the years I've drifted in and out of poker. A few years ago I bought 5 acres up in the mountains of San Diego County. One of my favorite things about it is the cantina behind the house.

1665970332623.png

Well with the new venue, it seemed I my chips needed an update. I still have tons of the labels from all those years ago. So I started working on a new inlay design. Dang striping all of those labels and redoing them is a lot of work. I noticed on the first ones I was doing that the ink was smearing. Rip off the labels and start again after buying some clear coat. The clear coat seems to seal them up good.

1665970694800.png

I think they turned out pretty good. Still have the bug to get a custom set. I had Okku do some artwork for a dealer button from BRPRO and think I might design some ceramics, but dang it seems like a lot of money.

1665970807808.png

Well this might just be putting my finger in the dike, I still keep thinking I need a real custom set. :)

Although they look kind of plain, I think the Super Diamonds are very functional. The weight is much better than the over heavy slugged chips (like my Lucky Bees). The Lucky Bees do have a nice look though. Only have about a couple of racks left to label. I clear coated the labels yesterday so I will likely finish up the labels today.

These days I play micro .10/.20 home games so the 5 is 5 dimes. When I first made the set years ago we played .50 /1.00 sometimes so I had a few .50 yellows. Well we seldom get someone with enough chips to need 500 dime chip ($50), but I figured I might as well do something with the yellow ones. Changed the artwork up a little on it.

1666117384439.png

Oh, and I hadn't shown the 1 done before.

These will be hitting the felt this Saturday after we eat the smoked meatloaf I am making. :)

1666117525712.png

(Kind of cross posted) I like how the new labels turned out, but I keep obsessing about some full customs from BRPro. I worked up a mock up for a 5 heads and tails. My horse, me roping. :D
1666149007775.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom