Knucklehead Poker (1 Viewer)

Justin Olson

Flush
Supporter
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
This is how I came up with my poker room theme. Before this I had actually only shared this information with a couple folks on this site. One of those folks was @p5woody. I shared with him the history in an effort to recruit his services. The other was @Ben8257. Ben was really interested in my Button that I had created so I also let him know the history.
In the super early 70's my Dad picked up a 1947 Harley Davidson EL as a basket case(motorcycle was in different boxes and containers). He put the bike together and used it as his daily rider. The V-twin engines that Harley Davidson made from 1936 to 1947 had a very distinct rocker box shape that looks like a fist or knuckles.
1630006583732.png
These motorcycles are affectionately known as Knuckleheads. I grew up riding on the back of the bike and watching him do everything on the motorcycle from running into town from the farm to chasing cows from the pasture to the farmstead to work the cattle. In the late 90's he had engine problems with it and parked it outside for years. I actually grabbed it around 2008 and kept the bike in a garage for safe keeping.
Unfortunately my Dad passed in 2012. The bike meant so much to us that this is what i did for his gravestone

16413E0D-04FE-4ED6-B094-5849078CA3C7.jpeg
One the things that was really important for me was to actually make the bike what my dad dreamed it could be one day. In 2012 I took the bike in really rough shape to some folks that do really really good work on old school bikes.

4B1DE50C-55EA-4F8B-B0CC-6D0C03A1A5BE.jpeg
C55AF091-E3DF-4FF3-8C73-5F60C12C9AB7.jpeg
After a couple years i was able to go visit and see the great progress that they had made on the bike. The Harley Davidson records from that time period are a little sketchy due to a fire in Milwaukee. 1947 ELs were in either red, black, or blue. I chose red for mine.
F5C827AE-ECA3-4800-AF15-7B8B0D38A244.jpeg
BCE960B0-431B-4C5B-B4F7-4527DE0D009E.jpeg

This is the Motorcycle

My 1947 Harley Davidson EL Knucklehead

82336D0C-DF9A-456D-93C4-CD4626FD5A46.png

Last edited:
If there is another more personal connection to the name of a card room, I do not know of it brother!! Absolutely love the story, the theme and seriously Pops is Smiling about it every day from above and I am positive no father would be more proud!

Can't wait to make a trip out to ole Knucklehead Cardroom one day Justin!!

These are fantastic! What a beautiful way to pay tribute to your father. CPC has been putting out some bangers the last few weeks.

Great tribute, what a great story!! The bike and chips are truly epic. That’s so awesome you got the bike back to its original glory!

Congrats on a great set, thanks for sharing the backstory! :tup:

These are absoutely fantastic!! I'm madly in love with the $5 and the $100 is money (excuse the pun). The color matching of the bike on the inlay is a perfect little touch.

What a great tribute to your Dad. May you rake many profitable pots with these and may they bring many great memories of the past and new ones in the future.

Great Story Justin!!! The Bike Turned out great. Now I know the story the Dealer button of yours I own has so much more meaning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom