Knollwoods label mock-up (pre-preliminary) (3 Viewers)

72o

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am looking at purchasing a mixed set of PGI compression clays over the summer (colors are still subject to change) but something like this with solids, 8Vs and Great Wall edge spots. I may need to double up on one of the chip styles as I'm looking at 4 denoms ($.25, $.50, $1 and $2) but I may eliminate the $2. These are the denoms that work for our crew as we are low stakes but I want the most chips on the table with a good array of colors. I feel that I don't need to stick with standard colors for this particular set:

Solid_Gray.JPG
____8V - Brown.JPG
__Great Walls - Black.JPG
or
Great Walls - Purple.JPG
8V - Yellow.JPG

or just all 8Vs because they are damn sweet chips:

____8V - Brown.JPG
___8V - Pink.JPG
8V - Black.JPG
or
8V - Blue.JPG
8V- Gray.JPG

Just looking for some advice on my label design before I enlist the efforts of our PCF resident experts so I am looking for some PRE-preliminary advice. Quick background on what I have done so far. Since I moved into my house 12 years ago on Knollwood Ave, we have referred to my poker room as Knollwoods. Snappy and simple and I like it a lot. In my backyard, I have these 2 awesome oaks that reside on a little hill (a knoll if you will). Perfect. A pre-preliminary design was born. Obviously its a REAL rough sketch but hey, it's all I could do with a pencil and some highlighters. :Do_O The elements I am think of using are obviously the knoll, the 2 oaks, a red denom. I would need some fancy font for "Knollwoods" and arced to follow the curve of the knoll. Once everyone is done laughing at the sketch, any thoughts? No color? Color? Do the 2 oaks read OK to represent the 2 "L's" in "Knollwoods"?

Knollwoods sticker mock-up 2.jpg
IMG_0452 (1).JPG

Thanks for any thoughts. I figured I would try to get the design as complete as possible so as not to waste too much of the experts time when that comes.

Last edited:
I really like it....
I would ditch the .50 and the $2 chips because all the do is double each other.
I'd do .25c , $1, $5, then a $20 or $25.

Agree with Parrothead.

Also, consider getting Majestic blanks (current group buy) or CPS blanks (I believe second sale ongoing), as well. China clays, but high quality, and it'll let you stretch the chip count, if you want.

Agree with Parrothead.

Also, consider getting Majestic blanks (current group buy) or CPS blanks (I believe second sale ongoing), as well. China clays, but high quality, and it'll let you stretch the chip count, if you want.
Agree with this, I got the PGI 8vs, solids and great walls as my first semi custom set.

The chips arrived very dirty, almost stained. They also got lots of flea bites on them after not much use.

Just my 2c

Thanks guys.
We play $.25/$.25 with usually a $20-$30 buy-in only. This lends itself to the use of only up to $1 chips maybe a couple of $5's as well. I love stacks of chips and a normal size bet is only about a dollar-fiddy. We used to play with only quarters and dollars and that worked fine. But then I bought some fiddies just to add another denom and different chips and people loved it. The big winners typically only get up to about $80-$90.

That's a bummer to hear manamongkids! I never really heard anything bad about these chips. The Majestic chips are nice looking (who knows how nice they will really will be though) but I am not feeling the crown mold. I'll give it some more thought now that you got me worried about the PGI chips though. Also what threw me off a little was that I really didn't care for the CPS chip looks and feel.

Anywho...there is no way that I can afford full customs so I just want to get a label designed and see where it takes me.

Thanks guys.
We play $.25/$.25 with usually a $20-$30 buy-in only. This lends itself to the use of only up to $1 chips maybe a couple of $5's as well. I love stacks of chips and a normal size bet is only about a dollar-fiddy. We used to play with only quarters and dollars and that worked fine. But then I bought some fiddies just to add another denom and different chips and people loved it. The big winners typically only get up to about $80-$90.

That's a bummer to hear manamongkids! I never really heard anything bad about these chips. The Majestic chips are nice looking (who knows how nice they will really will be though) but I am not feeling the crown mold. I'll give it some more thought now that you got me worried about the PGI chips though. Also what threw me off a little was that I really didn't care for the CPS chip looks and feel.

Anywho...there is no way that I can afford full customs so I just want to get a label designed and see where it takes me.
I have the pgi huge sample set. pm me and I can send you a large sample set for a good price

Reactions: 72o

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom