Knollwoods custom table felt design *need help* (1 Viewer)

Here would be another option for a non centered image....I know there are a few others like this out there but I was able to find this one with a quick search

tablefelt.jpg

Reactions: 72o
My intentions were not to cause discord! I am actually feeling ebullient about the situation and only wanted to disambiguate the previous posts.

Sticking with the last one in post #41, but... Just reading through all the suggestions on here and the wealth and quality of the input from people is really impressive. It happens in so many "help me choose..." threads, but I am just struck by all the great input. Drawing off all this good gouge to fine-tune the original design...a person cannot help but have a quality product. Good stuff!

Also, I want to play on this table, with those chips!

I still think tan colour scheme is best. Whether with two tree logos or one tree logo, I would still recommend colouring the leaves and the mound green. Have you really lost a chip in the felt during a game due to colour matching? I really find that hard to believe.

I'd like to see a @Ray-Col render to make sure.
I'm after @72o to get my hands on decent sized felt mock ups and inlay graphics for my render set ups ... :whistle: :whistling:

Regarding the main felt color: TAN camp for sure! The green betting line goes best with that color, imho.

I still think tan colour scheme is best. Whether with two tree logos or one tree logo, I would still recommend colouring the leaves and the mound green. Have you really lost a chip in the felt during a game due to colour matching? I really find that hard to believe.
Well no. Chips don't actually go missing but I find it's a distraction sometimes. Esp. when looking across 7'+ of felt from one end to the other.

Either way, I now have to decide between the 2 layouts. The one with the tree in the middle and the one with the 2 trees facing the ends. Oh the choices we have to make. :LOL: :laugh:

xxxxxxxxxx.jpg

Although it would throw it off center, I'd like to see the tree growing out of the betting line. So move the whole thing down so that the bottom of the hill is merged with the betting line.

I also really like the tan version with the silhouette tree. Perhaps instead of grey for the tree outline, use dark green? Not filled green for the entire tree like in post #53, just the outline of the leaves and knoll.

Although it would throw it off center, I'd like to see the tree growing out of the betting line. So move the whole thing down so that the bottom of the hill is merged with the betting line.

I also really like the tan version with the silhouette tree. Perhaps instead of grey for the tree outline, use dark green? Not filled green for the entire tree like in post #53, just the outline of the leaves and knoll.
Something like this with 2 trees...kinda like the Deja Vu felt above? It looked a little funny when I made the betting line follow the outline of the hill so I nixed that.

Knollwoods felt_17.JPG

Yeah or even just 1 tree in the middle but taller.

I like the red betting line, except you don't have any other red on the table to go with it so I think it doesn't really fit. In that draft I'd rather see it the same brown as the Knollwoods text.

Yeah or even just 1 tree in the middle but taller.

I like the red betting line, except you don't have any other red on the table to go with it so I think it doesn't really fit. In that draft I'd rather see it the same brown as the Knollwoods text.
Gotcha. Something like this:

Knollwoods felt_18.JPG

So, proportionally, this looks like approximately a 4'x8' table with a 5" rail. About 8" from edge of felt to betting line. Central graphic around 5.5' long, and just under 2' wide, which would make the tree about 18" tall. Sound about right?

If you wanted a slightly bigger graphic, you could probably bring the bet line in closer to the felt about 1-2". Even a stack 4 chips deep will only take up half the space to the current bet line.

I also think that one tree in the middle is best. But I'd still angle for the coloured leaves and grass. Even if it was just a more subtle green.

So, proportionally, this looks like approximately a 4'x8' table with a 5" rail. About 8" from edge of felt to betting line. Central graphic around 5.5' long, and just under 2' wide, which would make the tree about 18" tall. Sound about right?

If you wanted a slightly bigger graphic, you could probably bring the bet line in closer to the felt about 1-2". Even a stack 4 chips deep will only take up half the space to the current bet line.

I also think that one tree in the middle is best. But I'd still angle for the coloured leaves and grass. Even if it was just a more subtle green.

Close. 84"x44" table with a 5" rail. Rail to betting line is 7" ( I based this off 4 stacks deep would be a little over 6" in width).

Gotcha. Something like this:

View attachment 144879

Yeah that gets my vote. The only minor thing that I might change is the making the outline of the hill get thicker as it merges in with the betting line so it looks even more like it becomes the bet line. Not sure if that would look better or not, just an idea. Looks great as is.

Yeah that gets my vote. The only minor thing that I might change is the making the outline of the hill get thicker as it merges in with the betting line so it looks even more like it becomes the bet line. Not sure if that would look better or not, just an idea. Looks great as is.

Actually, I disagree with this. I don't think the betting line should merge with any part of the graphics in the felt, whether inside or outside the faux racetrack. The betting line should always clearly delineate the stack area from the bet area, and leave nothing to confusion. This is one reason why either a red or green contrasting line over the tan should be used.

Yeah that's a great point. I was thinking of aesthetics but in terms of function, you're right that it should be clear what's the betting line and what's not.

Yeah that's a great point. I was thinking of aesthetics but in terms of function, you're right that it should be clear what's the betting line and what's not.
No it shouldn’t. Forward motion should be what matters. I like the look and comfort of a betting line, but rules that allow people to angle-shoot from behind the line are just flawed. Not that it should matter in a home game anyway; I’d welcome those kind of shenanigans. But since we’re talking about betting line integrity, those are my two cents.

TLDR - I like the idea of the betting like becoming the tree/hill/knoll/whatever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom