KK vs 77 - was the call correct? (1 Viewer)

Basti

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am curious what you guys think about this play:

The opponent only played a few hands at the table but seemed a little aggressive.
I re-raised pre-flop a little small but didn't want anyone to fold to a high 3-bet here.
The flop had 2 hearts and an ace which made me feel a little bit bad about my kings.
I still thought its more likely that I have the better hand and bet 2/3, got raised and called.
Then another ace came and I was ready to fold his pot bet (and would have), but my friend told me to call because he wanted to see it, so I did.
Ended up calling the remaining stack on the river and turned out to win against 77.

My thought here afterwards was that the fold would have been a good option especially if that situation would occur at a bigger table.
Both the possible flush draw and ace hit scared me on the flop and turn.
On the river even something like JK, TT, QT, etc would have been scary if he had more chips.

How would you have acted on the turn?
And on the river assuming he had a bigger stack?

I know its just microstakes but this hand really made me curious in general.

Greetings from Germany

1664056782859.png

I think it's a tough call, but I'm not getting away from Kings there. Turn I'm probably just commiting to my stack to charge the heart draws and if he has an ace then so be it.

He min check raised you on the flop.
Is that ever the right play?
At that point I would have assumed I was playing an idiot and not believed him until he proved otherwise.

He min check raised you on the flop.
Is that ever the right play?
At that point I would have assumed I was playing an idiot and not believed him until he proved otherwise.
yeah the raise by him on the flop was really weak but it still felt like a tough spot on the turn

This all depends on the player you are playing against. Do they bluff much? 85% of the time if I make the bet into your kings you are beat, unless I read you as a weak player

Turn pairing top card makes his flop range a lot bluffier. Definitely a good spot to call down. And good river blockers

Second A made him less possible to have an A himself, the best flush hand he may have is J9 in this case which makes it less possible on this player type to call a 3bet at these stakes, so we can rule it out with a good percantage as well. This is a clear call.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom