Wanted Kings Crown $5s (yellow), TRKs for trade - Fitzgerald, Pick Hobson, Blue solid (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very aware of the difference between what singles on e-bay bring and what to expect when selling/buying multiple racks of the same thing. I know I have been out of the game a little while, but I had >20,000 chips in my closet at one point and have probably bought and sold > 50,000 chips in total. Same principles apply as they always have. I am also very aware of how much of a pain it is to sell one at a time vs selling 2 racks at once. Also aware that this whole chip collecting world is very small and things can change drastically overnight. It has happened many times in the past and I am sure it will again. I get all that.
ok, sounds good.. since this is a wanted ad, what are you selling them for.. feel free to PM me

I suspect partially because they were mint? I assume used ones you might put in play, or no?

Thanks for the links.. It'll give me something to do

Yes, only because they were mint. If they were even slightly played I would have no qualms putting them into play. My decision to not put them into play had everything to do with the condition and almost nothing to do with the price/value of the chips.

Ben quietly raises his hand and says "please Dave. Can I get an invite to this game". response "yeah kid when you hit ten years in the hobby!!" I quietly crawl back into the darkness!!
You and Brie are welcome to play anytime! Just let me know when you'll be in town.

I suspect partially because they were mint? I assume used ones you might put in play, or no?

Some of us even get the more expensive yellows seen on the left in play...
View attachment 604773

If you want to dive right in and have your mind blown... I'll refer you to a couple of threads of epicness (there are plenty more):

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/tropicana-las-vegas-first-edition-tr-king-set.5375/

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/windwalker’s-chipping-journey-in-pr0n0graph1c-detail.60841/
Got two racks of ANYTHING $25 for sale? Holy cow.

You and Brie are welcome to play anytime! Just let me know when you'll be in town.
unnamed.jpg

Maybe we should define "hard to come by" and "way too expensive" first ;)
They work well in a poker game... ask me how I know ;)

Hmm...
How to define: Hard to come by & Way too expensive?

ok, so everyone gets to spend their money the way they want to & I am 100% in favor of spending someone else's money so when I see a thread like the ones that were put up as an example of what people do here I say "good for you" and "well done sir" etc. There is no question that those are beautiful sets and I am sure that 41Pickup will feel a sense of accomplishment and all that when he finishes his rack of TRK Tropicana $1' @ $100 each and all, but for me that is just too much money tied into a playable set. Please don't get me wrong, I am NOT saying that is wrong for him or wrong for anyone else, I am just saying that is not the way I am going to do things or spend my money. FOR ME it isn't worth it. Would I buy one or two of a particular $100 chip if I really liked it? Sure, but an entire rack? No. Unless someone wants me to, I don't think I'll put together a list of positives and negatives to doing this, but once again FOR ME the negatives outweigh the positives.

I guess based on the narrative above the answer is going to be different for everyone, right? For 41Pickup spending 5 yrs & roughly 10k putting together a rack of $1 TRK Tropicanas is neither too long or too expensive. He has proven, or will soon prove, that it can be done and that he has both the perseverance and the money to do so. I guess by definition it wasn't too hard to come by or too expensive FOR HIM.

Is my way or your way of defining these things somehow better or worse than his? No, I don't think so. Just different strokes for different folks.

Hmm...

[bobloblawlawblog]

Just different strokes for different folks.

I mean, this is all clearly fine, but...

what do you want them for?
Honestly these are really only good for the guys that are collecting 1 or 2 of each chip. They are way too expensive and way too difficult to come by to use them in a poker game

You kicked off the entire discussion by questioning softchewy's motive for wanting these chips, clearly insinuating that no one should use them in a poker game. That's why everyone piled on.

Hmm...

ok, so everyone gets to spend their money the way they want to & I am 100% in favor of spending someone else's money so when I see a thread like the ones that were put up as an example of what people do here I say "good for you" and "well done sir" etc. There is no question that those are beautiful sets and I am sure that 41Pickup will feel a sense of accomplishment and all that when he finishes his rack of TRK Tropicana $1' @ $100 each and all, but for me that is just too much money tied into a playable set. Please don't get me wrong, I am NOT saying that is wrong for him or wrong for anyone else, I am just saying that is not the way I am going to do things or spend my money. FOR ME it isn't worth it. Would I buy one or two of a particular $100 chip if I really liked it? Sure, but an entire rack? No. Unless someone wants me to, I don't think I'll put together a list of positives and negatives to doing this, but once again FOR ME the negatives outweigh the positives.

I guess based on the narrative above the answer is going to be different for everyone, right? For 41Pickup spending 5 yrs & roughly 10k putting together a rack of $1 TRK Tropicanas is neither too long or too expensive. He has proven, or will soon prove, that it can be done and that he has both the perseverance and the money to do so. I guess by definition it wasn't too hard to come by or too expensive FOR HIM.

Is my way or your way of defining these things somehow better or worse than his? No, I don't think so. Just different strokes for different folks.
So you got chips for sale or nah?

You kicked off the entire discussion by questioning softchewy's motive for wanting these chips, clearly insinuating that no one should use them in a poker game. That's why everyone piled on.

ok, I see your point
I may have insinuated something I should not have. As usual I say stuff that gets interpreted differently than I really intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom