Kings Castle China Clays ~ PAZ's semi custom journey (1 Viewer)

PAZ

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Please excuse the tardiness for this thread. Back in 2013 and like a lot of you, I participated in the CPS group buy run by PGI. I was inspired by the Tower and Spear mold and thought it would make a great semi-custom castle theme chip. One of my favorite TR King designs is Kings Castle. I thought I may want some color matching and since @ttttubby was the designer for the CPS line I asked him if he was interested.

Once the art was ready, Joe at Palm printed the labels and shipped them to me. Originally the plan was for Joe not to ship the blanks till the labels were ready and applied but I can't even imagine how chaotic things must have been there during that time. To align and apply the labels was about 66 minutes a rack. I wouldn't recommend doing more than 2 racks a night.

I had the pleasure of working with Sal for the dealer buttons. We discussed what I was looking for and he quickly captured it. I was playing with different border colors but I'm happy I went with the gold. I only wish I had posted this while he was still with us....gone too soon.

So why I am I posting this now? Originally I waited for the CPS posts to slow down and then I wasn't happy with my pictures and then I packed them up for a while but when @gopherblue posted his amazing Kings Castle OG set I knew I had to send him a dealer button and share my story with y'all. Yesterday I sent out 20+ sample sets and a handful of dealer buttons. Check your mailbox by Tuesday, a little later for Canada and Europe. If you would like a set I could probably do 5 or so more or if you want just labels I can also do a few more.

Enjoy!

KC_CC_06.jpg

KC_CC_02.JPG

KC_CC_01.JPG

KC_CC_05.jpg

KC_CC_04.jpg

KC_CC_07.jpg

KC_CC_08.jpg

KC_CC_09.JPG

Killer set--I dig the CPS chips! And those labels are terrific!

Congrats!

Gaaah!!! Been keeping mum about these for a few weeks now! So glad the pr0n got posted—I can finally say something!

Paul, this is just an awesome set in concept and execution. Well done! The mold is perfect for these. And I was blown away when the sample set and dealer button showed up in my mailbox. Thank you for such a generous and cool addition to my set! (y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:

Nice work! One of my faves. The mold works well with the KC design, and the DB is a clear winner. (y) :thumbsup:

I am currently working on a semi-custom set using these blanks. Great work man, these look fantastic.

Still kicking myself for not getting in a set of the Kings Castle when I had a chance. Your set is great Paul, well done. I know @gopherblue is blown away with the dealer button you gave him.

I received my sample set today Paul - the chips turned out great - one of my favorite inlays/labels. Thank you very much :)

Paul.....SO GREAT to see you posting again :)
This place needs members like you now more then ever.

Newer members could not know...but the oldtimers still remember you as one of the best members any chip site has ever seen.
Great result on the Kings Castle set...and while we all feel that Sal went way to early...this DB honors the work of Sal & OWPS, a big loss for the community.

Hope to see you posting more often, I think we don't have pr0n enough of your RR set (and others) :)
Take care and have a great day

Ps. those Zero Tabriz cards & dice are awsome

Last edited:
Beautiful set Paz - I love how you arrange the edge spots in the rack pics :)

Agreed, very nice set in all respects -- but regarding that arrangement, I don't know where you get the patience (or the time) to do it!

Paul, I had an excellent surprise in the mail last night. Your continued generosity amazes me and I can't thank you enough! :):D

King's Castle is one of the most clever designs ever. Your set (and db) keeping this design playable and on the table rocks. Thanks again for sharing the pics, the samples, and the sweeeet dice!

It’s kind of hard to believe that the mold and inlay weren’t designed together. They’re perfect!

Last edited:
These look fantastic PAZ, and even better in person. Thank you again for your generosity, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Mark

Beautiful set Paz - I love how you arrange the edge spots in the rack pics :)

Thanks! I actually don't mind doing it either. Left to right are blanks, CPS (low) and CPS high.

IMG_0787a.jpg

Sounds like the samples are getting there, awesome!

@toad94 I'm glad you like the dice! I only had 1 pair to send but your qualifications checked all the boxes!

@Thomacetti It looks like yours departed Newark Airport last night, hopefully won't be too much longer. I know I haven't been posting much lately but I still log in twice a day. I just haven't had any real content. Collecting TRK singles can be slow work. I maybe picked up 20 or so new (to me) chips in the past 12 months. I'll have to post soon in one of those threads.

Thanks for all of your kind words!!

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome Paul!
Thank you for the generous package I received today! The chips look great! Thank you again...

@PAZ I have a question for you, Did you ever consider alternating the alignment of the edge spots on this set with regards to the label?

The reason I ask is that I am in process of putting together a semi-custom tourney set using these blanks and labels that @p5woody is helping me with, and I was thinking of a way to help these stand out. I want to alternate the denomination with the edge spots how yours are aligned, then at the top of the label for the next demon. Basically at 12:00 and 1:30 on a clock face. Something like:
T25 - 12:00
T100 - 1:30
T500 - 12:00
T1000 - 1:30
T5000 - 12:00
Bounty - 1:30

Was that something you even through about? Seems like a way to add a little more variation to the set.

Best use of CPS chips I can even imagine. Nicely done Paul. Great idea and excellent execution. Thank you for yet another excellent addition to my sample set collection. You’re the best!!!

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome Paul!
Thank you for the generous package I received today! The chips look great! Thank you again...

Thank you so much for the samples, Paul. The chips look great!

These are incredible, Paul. Thank you so much for the samples...as if you haven't been generous enough!

Best use of CPS chips I can even imagine. Nicely done Paul. Great idea and excellent execution. Thank you for yet another excellent addition to my sample set collection. You’re the best!!!

You guys and dolls are very welcome! The four of you are some of the best, kindest and generous people I know.

@PAZ I have a question for you, Did you ever consider alternating the alignment of the edge spots on this set with regards to the label? Was that something you even through about? Seems like a way to add a little more variation to the set.

The thought literally never crossed my mind. I just liked how they looked aligned at 10, 2, 4 and 8:00. Very interested in seeing your pictures when they're ready. Keep us posted!!

Wow this is really really nice!

Glad you like 'em! I'm taking another batch to the PO on Saturday. You should see them on Tuesday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom