Key West Frac: Which NCV color do you like? (1 Viewer)

Which color do you like for a NCV frac in this set?

• DG Pink

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • DG Green

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • DG Yellow

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • White

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Per the poll.

With all due respect to @dennis63 , I don't like the butterscotch nickel offered. No offense at all to anyone, but I don't like brown/butterscotch very much at all in my sets. There are some really bright and pronounced solid chips that the Key West offers that would really liven up the set a lot. Which do you all prefer and which do you think goes best with the set?

DG Pink:
Key West Cash 1.png

DG Green:
Key West Cash 2.png

DG Yellow:
Key West Cash 3.png

White:
Key West Cash 4.png

DG Pink for nickle, OR consider the pink snapper if you wanted to stick with edge spots.
1598393016042.png

With a little reflection, I think I'd also have to go with the purple, which favors the old school flavor of muted colors of the KW set. It's a perfect fit with the H mold.

I personally prefer the white $1 chip to the blue.
Too much blue between the blue $1 and the blue spots on the $5.
I also prefer the contrast of the white $1 with the other chips.

1598392732699.png

Last edited:
DG Pink for nickle, OR consider the pink snapper if you wanted to stick with edge spots.
View attachment 520042

I personally prefer the white $1 chip to the blue.
Too much blue between the blue $1 and the blue spots on the $5.
I also prefer the contrast of the white $1 with the other chips.

View attachment 520034
I already have the blue $1's because the chips are nice and I got them for face value. I actually like how the blue $1's go with the $5's. Gray quarters provide a nice contrast to the blue and red, and go well with the set. The butterscotch isn't too great looking and is too close to the dark orange 5K chip that I have already for the tournament set.

I also considered murdering snappers and making them nickels, but that gets too messy and expensive. Dennis also owns the KW artwork. I don't think he'd take too kindly to putting on aftermarket textured KW inlays on the inlay removed chips.

I also considered murdering snappers and making them nickels, but that gets too messy and expensive. Dennis also owns the KW artwork. I don't think he'd take too kindly to putting on aftermarket textured KW inlays on the inlay removed chips.

Ya actually he would be mad, I had asked a long time ago about something like this and it was a snap no to any change or reproduction in any way shape or form. Very territorial about his product. I can't say I blame him, he spent his hard earned money on this product and has a clear vision on what he wants for his company. I feel like the bright dg pink clashes with the old school colors in the cash set, not sure if I would use it. Not sure if there is a clear cut solution in the solid key west offerings.

Other than the obvious DG Pink, which I voted for, I 'd only examine the possibility of the Lavender, for the reasons explained above by @Darthhoodie. Both would work nicely, though, with the rest of the set.

Per the poll.

With all due respect to @dennis63 , I don't like the butterscotch nickel offered. No offense at all to anyone, but I don't like brown/butterscotch very much at all in my sets. There are some really bright and pronounced solid chips that the Key West offers that would really liven up the set a lot. Which do you all prefer and which do you think goes best with the set?

DG Pink:
View attachment 520010

DG Green:
View attachment 520011

DG Yellow:
View attachment 520012

White:
View attachment 520009

Connect with Dennis...he can take a picture of the cash chips with the colors you are looking at (I think he has these in his private set)
Renders can't compair with real foto's

@dennis63

I guess I don't mind the nickle the way it is, looks like a chocolate chip cookie. I always thought of it as a wooden nickle.

Just my pet peeve....
It’s a non-denominated chip, not a No Cash Value (NCV) chip.

but, pink, not DG pink...
The snapper would really be perfect if relabeling was an option.

I'm starting to think the same @BGinGA . That and the black inlays on the non-denominated chips versus the white inlays on the cash chips may tilt me more than the brown nickel does. The whole set really reminds me of the old time Vegas color palate. I have plenty of other sets with really bright chips. I don't need them in every set, I suppose.

Looking at my Key west sample I agree the white actually fits the old school color palette best out of your choices without repeating colors or dirty stack issues. The black inlay would still tilt me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom