KEMS on Star Trek TNG (2 Viewers)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
i caught an old episode of Star Trek TNG last night (the one with Kelsey Grammer, incidentallly, which ties into my Cheers poker chip post) and they were playing poker as they often did. Honestly, I think the sound of these cards caught my attention before the look - know how you can identify good plastic cards by that raspy sound?
Anyway, lo and behold, they were using KEMS. Obviously not by accident. There must have either been a poker enthusiast on set, or maybe (I prefer to think) somebody asked, what cards are likely to still be in use a few hundred years from now?
C585EC36-DACF-4B10-B2E8-87CED83291F4.jpeg

Data is dealing those cards with that mechanic's grip. He's about to start dealing seconds and nobody is going to know any better.

Any close-ups of the deck stub to see if they are warped?

Personally more interested in a blow-up of the chips......

Any close-ups of the deck stub to see if they are warped?

Personally more interested in a blow-up of the chips......

I’m just hoping by the 24th century someone has figured out how to solve the warping issue. :LOL: :laugh:

Awesome. It all pretty much applied to the game is this episode (Cause and Effect) - they were playing 5 card stud, Riker was making the same string bets, bet sizing was awful all around, somebody, I think Worf, folded saying “too rich for me” to a maybe min bet into a big pot, and he folded by flipping his hole card face up onto his other cards! Michael Dorn doesn’t play poker.

I used to watch it every week. Star Trek Vegas convention made these commems years ago. Had Deanna Troi on one. I used to have to explain yelling out Deanna to my wife :)

122C49AA-F125-4637-8BC2-8F3657516CD5.jpeg
1AB5423F-93C5-4178-986D-E841F094A2A2.jpeg
ABB8EACF-0B6D-4130-87AC-FCB4BEF72779.jpeg

I have a contact ;) 56mm mgk for the win ;)

The spots on the $100 are my favorite and so wonderful. I love BCC when they were doing that kind of work!

There are 14 of those Hilton Star Trek chips, from various years. For a recent $5 chip, they are very expensive.

I only have 1 year. The year before was Spock and Kirk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom