Kem's new design: "Crown" (1 Viewer)

toad94

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I received an advertisement for Kem's new design. I'm not sure why these are called "Crown"; these beauties could just as easily be titled "Pineapples".

Happy to not be a USPC Kem buyer. (y) :thumbsup:

kem_crown.jpg

As long as they have the same feel, they could put a picture of a steaming poo on the back and I would play with them.

If those are the only 2 colors, it's disappointing.
Even though I like the design well enough, the lack of color contrast doesn't work for many people. Reminds me of their Jacquard series, which was problematic. Maybe if they come out with an orange/red combo to mix with these blue/greens.
Are designers assuming only using 1 deck in play?? (n) :thumbsdown:

If those are the only 2 colors, it's disappointing.
Even though I like the design well enough, the lack of color contrast doesn't work for many people. Reminds me of their Jacquard series, which was problematic. Maybe if they come out with an orange/red combo to mix with these blue/greens.
Are designers assuming only using 1 deck in play?? (n) :thumbsdown:
I feel like the blue and green contrast enough. I like them.

You have to picture them in a less stark setting, like a poker room or someone's basement . . . they're not terrible, but there is a reason that the standard set up is either red/blue or green/brown.

You have to picture them in a less stark setting, like a poker room or someone's basement . . . they're not terrible, but there is a reason that the standard set up is either red/blue or green/brown.
We used these Friday night for the first time. I like the design a lot and love KEMs in general. Unfortunately, unless you have really, really good lighting it's too difficult to tell these apart. Using a green-felted table made it even more difficult. We ended up mixing in some red Kem Paisleys with the green Crowns. So, if using the same setup together is important to you, I would look elsewhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom