• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine KEM wsop setups new $15 (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
So many caveats on this one - are they actually new? I thought new 2011 setups were long gone, but I'd buy with confidence in that regard - eBay will take care of you if the seller misrepresents. Are they actually in new condition even if they're still sealed (because KEMs, ammirite?) I think I remember reading about some of these having some kind of blemish on one of the backs that maybe made them kinda sorta marked - was that this year?
I dunno. All that said I'd be ordering at least a couple of setups if not for the stupid standard indexes. Dumb old eyes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1531432413...ZJfN75FNJmpSZQ%3D%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2334524

So many caveats on this one - are they actually new? I thought new 2011 setups were long gone, but I'd buy with confidence in that regard - eBay will take care of you if the seller misrepresents. Are they actually in new condition even if they're still sealed (because KEMs, ammirite?) I think I remember reading about some of these having some kind of blemish on one of the backs that maybe made them kinda sorta marked - was that this year?
I dunno. All that said I'd be ordering at least a couple of setups if not for the stupid standard indexes. Dumb old eyes.
I wish I had confidence to buy KEM's again, because I used to really like them. I definitely like 2012 Fournier cards. Little bit too much white on the backs but can't really complain as they are a great value.

This is the guy who sells the used WSOP 2012 Fournier setups for super-cheap. Many of us have bought from him without any problems. I wouldn't be surprised if he bought up a truckload of the 2011s and had a mix of new and used.

He does also sell the WSOP 2012 Fournier setups new in cellophane, individual setups for $26: https://www.ebay.com/itm/150986525566. But obviously the used ones that are like-new are a much much better deal!

If anyone's buying one setup of these for $14.97 + $4.75 shipping, might be better to buy this listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/130854703192

That's a setup of the KEM 2011 WSOP, new in cellophane, same as what's linked to in the OP, plus a setup of the Fournier 2012 WSOP used, for $21.97 shipped. That's basically getting the 2012 setup for $2.25.

Did some quick search and 2011 is indeed the year they had to do a whole batch card replacement due to some possible recognisable marking on the back during certain lighting angle
Yeah, I thought it was something like that. Do we know if the entire run of cards was affected, or if they just swapped them out due to an abundance of caution, or what?

Yeah, I thought it was something like that. Do we know if the entire run of cards was affected, or if they just swapped them out due to an abundance of caution, or what?
Here the link

http://taopoker.blogspot.com/2011/06/2011-wsop-day-8-marked-cards-conspiracy.html?m=1

Not sure when they start to replace the whole batch but they had been changing the card daily whenever they notice the marked card. They even had to change the final table to another table when the red/blue lighting make the marked card super obvious

969CD993-FE2F-4C7C-A3FE-CD75CFBCE38D.jpeg

Last edited:
If you read the description, they might be slightly bowed. It mention it as it is the nature of the beast Kem. Great seller, I'm glad he's upfront with that part. Amazing customer service with him.

Last edited:
I posted this in another KEM thread, but figured I’d share my experience with them here as well.

I checked my decks and sure enough, with the right light and the right angle, very evident. Sadly, it’s easier to see the issue in person than in photos.
The :4s::
414A2656-C6B3-4AB5-9C63-DFFB5DF381C7.jpeg

And the :5s::
6739B27F-2D02-4F17-AEF0-E818A7B045FE.jpeg

It’s like a band of the finish isn’t the same. Like a sprayer of the finish wasn’t working correctly, and since the lower spades are likely all together in the print sheet, all were affected in a similar manner. Even the faces are affected:
48014FB6-82E9-4C78-AE13-26CAA5D56775.jpeg

I will say, this will probably go unnoticed under most lighting conditions, but… it’s there.

I posted this in another KEM thread, but figured I’d share my experience with them here as well.

I checked my decks and sure enough, with the right light and the right angle, very evident. Sadly, it’s easier to see the issue in person than in photos.
The :4s::
View attachment 1107969

And the :5s::
View attachment 1107971
It’s like a band of the finish isn’t the same. Like a sprayer of the finish wasn’t working correctly, and since the lower spades are likely all together in the print sheet, all were affected in a similar manner. Even the faces are affected:
View attachment 1107972
I will say, this will probably go unnoticed under most lighting conditions, but… it’s there.
What lighting conditions would you say these would be okay to be used?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom