KEM experts, what are these (1 Viewer)

joseywales

Straight
Reaction score
These are stamped as 1935, with a 393 on the As. The red deck is flat and actually shuffles pretty well. the blue deck has bowed a bit. Are these better as players or collectors?

IMG_2208 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2209 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2210 - Copy.JPG

Date code is for March,1993 - @1935 is the copyright date.

Don't know if i should post a link to another forum but do a google search for KEM date codes and you will find info on how to read them.

Thanks. I figured it was a copyright. I was searching card images and didn't see any that matched these, so I was curious.

They are Super-Index (which are great IMO). My favorite KEM decks are "Monaco" & "Kent" Super Index.

Unless they are a super rare deck, cards are meant to be played with.

They are Super-Index (which are great IMO). My favorite KEM decks are "Monaco" & "Kent" Super Index.

Unless they are a super rare deck, cards are meant to be played with.

It's funny you say that. In the past month or so, I've been "gathering" sets, to find "my" grail. Man, it's been a journey. I had COPAG, poker for years. Wanted something different.

Moved to bridge and wanted to continue with jumbo.

I've gathered: Modiano, Guild, Fournier Congress, Fournier FDL, GEMACO Superflex, Grand Victoria (GEMACO Superflex), Davinci, Bicycle Prestige, Piatniks. All have their pros and cons. The cons are typically a tad too slippery - not sure which, if any brands, will break-in, in that regard.

One thing I noticed, nearly all of the sets have shaded centers. These KEMs do NOT and I like that. Man, they feel a tad thin though, like they'd bend, but I might have to give them a whirl on the table

Where are you getting these for $1 a set, and why have you not purchased everything they have?
......oh, stupid question. You already purchased all they have

Well, yes and no. I purchased all they have on display. I guess they're putting them out in stages, though they probably have no strategy to their actions. It's a thrift shop that sells cards for 50 cents a pack. I buy new Bicycle cards there as well, those are either 50 or 1.00 depending who has the price gun. They had about 30 packs of used paper cards that came from the same house, no doubt about that I saw those and immediately looked for chips, other cards, etc. The KEMs are all that keeps turning up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom