It will be someone else's responsibility to work the pole this year. I plan to be full of meat and degen tingles.Barbecue is the group dinner at Jack Stack BBQ on the first night. We're going back. On a party bus.
Oh hell yes it is.Slap's is sneaky good;
Harp bbq (best one, trust me I have good taste) is opening a restaurant so stay tuned....We had the ol' best KC barbecue debate at my last home game. But we all agreed:
- Q39 is overrated;
- stay away from Gates unless you either like yelling your order or getting yelled at for not yelling your order;
- Joe's KC is top 5;
- Zarda's is seriously underrated (if Zarda's is good enough for the Chiefs to use them as their official caterer for training camp every year out of so many options, then that seriously counts for something);
- Arthur Byrant's is also top 5;
- L.C.'s is often overlooked;
- Slap's is sneaky good;
- Jack Stack is the best.
Excellent! I look forward to seeing you four-bet out of the small blind again with 4-2 offsuit!leaning more towards in, but have a few personal things going on so can't commit quite yet
Yeah! @kirchhausen if you make it to KC please bring your CPC set if at all possible. Would love to get more table time with those beauties.Excellent! I look forward to seeing you four-bet out of the small blind again with 4-2 offsuit!
Really hope you can make it, bro. My "Chessie's Cove" card capper needs to see its maker.
I'm in....BootysnatcherStraddle: “To be on both sides of; extend over or across.”
With the definition in mind, "The Kansas City Straddle" provides a perfect meetup name when considering Missouri and Kansas border the metro area and there's a little poker connotation.
Yeppers, it's time.
View attachment 1010409
KCS II is officially a go for July 13-16, 2023, on the Missouri side of KC, with assistance from KCS committee members @Grandmasturkey, @bsdunbar1, @tdccarpenter and @Chester Copperpot. Will also continue to pick the brains belonging to @DoubleEagle and @RowdyRawhide.
Below is what we have planned, mostly in line with what we did for KCS in July 2022, plus a few tweaks:
View attachment 1010389
- WHO: PCFers. We easily filled five 8-player tables at the first Straddle, so we’ll keep it at 40 max.
- WHAT: A social chipper gathering for camaraderie.
- WHEN: July 13-16, 2023.
- WHERE: An ideal meetup space is secured within the Kansas City metro. Details sent directly to confirmed attendees, like last time.
- WHY: Because the first Straddle was a blast, why not do another one?
For accommodations, I blocked off nine room, and priority will be given to any returning attendees who stayed on-site at the first Straddle (you know who you are). Please chime in below if you want an on-site room. [UPDATE: All nine rooms are spoken for, as of Oct. 22, 2022]
Don't worry if you miss out on one of the rooms, though. There are multiple hotels within the immediate area of the meetup location, including a Marriott, Fairfield Inn & Suites, TownPlace Suites, Springhill Suites, Best Western, among many others, for overflow.
For chippers flying in: The Kansas City international airport is approximately 20-25 minutes from the hotels.
We’ll supply chips. Attendees, however, are certainly welcome to bring a set to put in play.
THE GAMES (daily schedule shared directly with attendees)
Our vision is an all-day Main Event on Saturday, followed by social games when tables become available.
- Social games, including one table reserved specifically for 1/2 NLHE.
- Main Event
@EnjoyLife will be back to defend his ME title and championship belt:
View attachment 1010388
POINTS OF INTEREST, THINGS TO SEE/DO
There's plenty to do, including family-friendly getaways, for anyone wanting a break from poker-related events:
- KC metro: The Plaza, where you’ll find the famous fountains, and numerous shopping outlets and eating spots, including Jack Stack barbecue restaurant; Worlds of Fun amusement park; Midtown-Westport area of KC (restaurants like Q39 barbecue, diners, bars galore and my go-to karaoke spot Off-Key), Power & Light District (dining, and more bars!), Zona Rosa shopping area; The Legends Outlet on the Kansas side of the metro houses Hollywood Casino, the Kansas Speedway, Sporting KC’s soccer stadium, large shopping outlet, restaurants, bars, etc., and so much more.
- Local casinos: Harrah’s KC, Hollywood Casino, Argosy, Ameristar and Bally's Kansas City, formerly the Isle of Capri KC.
- Harrah’s and Hollywood are the only two poker rooms in town. Harrah’s does 1/2, 2/5 and PLO games, while Hollywood does 1/3, 2/5, occasional 20/40 limit and PLO games.
- For the sports fans! The Royals have a homestand vs. the Tampa Bay Rays during KCS II (attn: @k9dr). Sporting KC hasn’t released the 2023 schedule yet, but hopefully they’re also home for the pro soccer supporters.
More details, including full schedule and sequence of events, to follow at a later time with confirmed attendees.
Please chime in if you're either "in" or "interested" and I’ll keep a running tally below in this post.
View attachment 1010414
1. Me, plus room
2. @bsdunbar1, plus room
4. @Chester Copperpot
5. @Lil Tuna, plus room
6. @toothpic, plus room
8. @Joe Harris
9. @Justin Olson
10-11: @Ben8257 and @FordPickup92, plus room
12: @EnjoyLife, plus room (sharing with @jja412)
14. @Schmendr1ck, plus room
17-18. @BEANO52 and Mrs. Beano52, plus room
22. @Seeking Alpha Social Club, plus father
26. @k9dr (probable), plus room (sharing with @inca911 and @Jeff )
27. @inca911 (probable)
**WAIT LIST FOR ON-SITE ROOM IF ONE BECOMES AVAILABLE
2. @BootySnatcher (via text message)
100% vouch! Would be happy to see you again brother!Looks like there’s a decent chance that I’ll be moving to/living in Columbia, MO at that time, so please count me in as a newbie to your meet up.
If references are needed, @Ben8257 and @FordPickup92 might pass along a “he’s just degenerate enough and barely cool enough to play with us” rating from our first interaction at the 2022 Mauler at the Baller in Vegas.
Would like to get location info and a rough draft of game plans so I can book flights and a nearby hotel.
And as a player and lover of blues, might I get suggestion for a good local blues club?
Nelson & Tedeschi cover “Kansas City” by Fats Domino
View attachment 1012773